Minaj Idol

More stupid hype in music. I guess they're looking more for image vs vocals. I guess that's why I stopped watching AI and it seemed like the either went country or WGWG always won

The Voice says Christina and CeeLo are leaving and that Usher and Shakira are going to be their replacements. I like Usher but Shakira voice doesn't do it for me but her back side sure does.

Glancing at the Voice while flipping between the game and the youtube guy from Alaska singing Bruno Mars song Just the way you are doesn't sound as good as the guy who did it in Season 1 I think his name was Tje Austin couldn't find the video on youtube.

They just showed Christina clip from her new video. Man dirty thoughts dirty thoughts.

No problem with Mariah on AI. Her voice and records give her credit but she'll probably over do being a diva

Last edited:
a music judge is supposed to know music, they just take celebrities for ratings, watching this show is stupid, you just shove them your money up the ass, this media shit is taking the money out of your pockets, shit is calculated

the regularly scheduled commercials, the calls to vote for the contestants that cost money, the young and hip contestant, one for each personality type to make sure each gets max votings, this shit is too easy man

Whats wrong with her being a judge on AI isnt she the most successful female in hip hop right now she got talent and knows what it takes so whats the big deal

Well the show was originally a singing competition show. It's moved from that and mostly about a person who has the look.

Yes she made it and that shows just how bad the state of hip hop is IMO

the original lineup was the best, simon cowll was great. the last lineup was good except for jennifer lopez. this lineups gonna suck. i still watch the early shit where they suck sometimes but don't watch the episodes where the people are actually decent because i don't think being able to sing a good cover song is a real talent, most of these winners won't be writing their own material.

Whats wrong with her being a judge on AI isnt she the most successful female in hip hop right now she got talent and knows what it takes so whats the big deal

That it's supposed to be a singing competition. I'm all for it if they bring more hip-hop in with Nicki, which I've always advocated for with that show anyway (how many freaking ballads can you listen to??!), but they won't, they never have & never will. It's a pop/country/power ballad contest, and it's always catered to those genres. So of course Nicki's not going to have a purpose or seem like a credible judge, it was pretty much a set up to have her look bad, but bring ratings. And she bought into it.

they should have her stand up the whole show with her ass towards the audience, i'd watch it here and there if that were the case.

That it's supposed to be a singing competition. I'm all for it if they bring more hip-hop in with Nicki, which I've always advocated for with that show anyway (how many freaking ballads can you listen to??!), but they won't, they never have & never will. It's a pop/country/power ballad contest, and it's always catered to those genres. So of course Nicki's not going to have a purpose or seem like a credible judge, it was pretty much a set up to have her look bad, but bring ratings. And she bought into it.

AI pays good money so I can't blame her for taking it but I think this show has now shown it's ran it's course. I just don't think I could have someone who can't sing, dresses silly , did I mention can't sing and raps like she should be on a yellow bus telling me oh you just can't sing

Reason you won't see hiphop on these shows because they're more family orientated and moms and pops don't watch hiphop or going to vote, no viewers = no commericals/sponsors = no show

Last edited:
AI pays good money so I can't blame her for taking it but I think this show has now shown it's ran it's course. I just don't think I could have someone who can't sing, dresses silly , did I mention can sing and raps like she should be on a yellow bus telling me oh you just can't sing

Reason you won't see hiphop on these shows because they're more family orientated and moms and pops don't watch hiphop or going to vote, no viewers = no commericals/sponsors = no show

Yeah, I agree. The most hood AI has gotten was having Jimmy Iovine on as the mentor a couple years back. And then I think they had Diddy on once, but that was for the pop-sounding "Coming Home".

Yeah, I agree. The most hood AI has gotten was having Jimmy Iovine on as the mentor a couple years back. And then I think they had Diddy on once, but that was for the pop-sounding "Coming Home".

Jimmy is still on there as a guest mentor. I guess that's his role. Actually he would have been better than Niki. I think they got her to try and boost ratings because she seems to have a young group following. I'm waiting to see how she dresses and or she tones it down. I'm sure she'll have an album coming out and using it to promo herself

Nicki's reported to be getting $12 Million for 1 season of American Idol.

I keep trying to tell y'all. INFLUENCE is the most powerful currency.

They ain't hire her because she has great music. They hired her because of her INFLUENCE. People are gonna tune into the show to see HER.

INFLUENCE.

#TROUPGenius.

Yeah troup I said I can't blame her for taking the money earlier, heck that's easy free money plus promo when you drop a single or album.
I'm not sure how much influence she'll have on AI though. I think her demographic would be on The X Factor
AI viewer/fans tend to be fickle

Nicki's reported to be getting $12 Million for 1 season of American Idol.

I keep trying to tell y'all. INFLUENCE is the most powerful currency.

They ain't hire her because she has great music. They hired her because of her INFLUENCE. People are gonna tune into the show to see HER.

INFLUENCE.

#TROUPGenius.

Nope, actually $$$ is. Would you prefer $$$ or influence. I feel like most would say money. You act like going on this show is a privilege for her, it's really a privilege for AI. Obviously $10 or $11M weren't enough for her. She was in the driver's seat of those negotiations. She's in the prime of her career, choosing to go on a show on it's last crutches. Don't try to convince me influence controls everything.

MONEY rule the world homie. That's all you need to know. And anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that.

Her influence allows her to command that type of money. Without the influence you don't get that type of money. If she wasn't popular right now she wouldn't be able to get that money.

Mariah hasn't put out a song in a minute but you look at her career and what all she's achieved allows her to command what she's getting. Singers will look up to her because of all she's done and she has the influence on the contestants and the viewers

She already had more influence than anybody except maybe Jay-Z , Diddy, or the Biebs. She would've been fine regardless of this endeavor or not.

Last edited:
Nope, actually $$$ is. Would you prefer $$$ or influence. I feel like most would say money. You act like going on this show is a privilege for her, it's really a privilege for AI. Obviously $10 or $11M weren't enough for her. She was in the driver's seat of those negotiations. She's in the prime of her career, choosing to go on a show on it's last crutches. Don't try to convince me influence controls everything.

MONEY rule the world homie. That's all you need to know. And anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that.

You misunderstood me. American Idol is paying her that much money, because of her SPAN OF INFLUENCE. How many people she can reach. How many people she can get to tune in.

Her influence is worth spending that type of money on her, because they feel she will draw that many more people, which allows American Idol to make more money by charging more for commercial slots during the show.

Again...INFLUENCE is the greatest currency in music.

I want to hear her bust out with some of that turrets syndrome shit when she's talking to people on the show, like "I thought you sounded good especially when you..TELL ME ABOUT THE RABBITS GEORGE!".

Back