Miko's Here...

Nice man...Good to know that it works fast now im thinking about getting 1

Good to know that Open Labs put a good processor in their systems. Reverb effects hogs a lotta processing power. I usually have to freeze a lotta my audio tracks once I have processed them with effects to get back some processing power for mixing the rest of my tracks.

There are laptops out there with touchscreen too but I wouldn't see the point in paying extra for that feature in a laptop.

Never said you couldn't find that feature in laptops. I used to use one at work. And I actually see the point in paying for that extra feature because it makes my workflow that much faster. You done raining on everybody's parade yet:)

DjayCas said:
thats really the only difference? wow.

ima prolly wind up with the miko anyway...

Yes. Now in some of the earlier editions, there were some standard configuration differences...like processor, ram, etc.

Just check out the OL website... www.openlabs.com

kidgorgeous said:
Never said you couldn't find that feature in laptops. I used to use one at work. And I actually see the point in paying for that extra feature because it makes my workflow that much faster. You done raining on everybody's parade yet:)

You weren't responding to me, but I think it bears mentioning that discussing possible negatives or poorly implemented features (especially expensive ones like touchscreens) isn't necessarily "raining on everybody's parade".

My personal opinion is that a well-implemented touch interface is a great thing. It's also my opinion that the Miko/Neko touchscreen is really little more than a gimmick. It's just not that well implemented. You can't do things like "grab and twist" virtual knobs on VST, for instance. So, you either touch-n-drag on a knob ... which is weird and counterintuitive ... or you assign a physical control, which eliminates the need for the touchscreen altogether. And then you find out you only get a few knobs and they have to be manually assigned ... it's not all a pretty picture in Miko/Neko land if you've used a lot of other things.

I hope that's not raining on anyone's parade. It's a good tool and I hope everyone enjoys theirs.

dansgold said:
Looking forward to your videos. I'd still like to know the model of motherboard they use in this series.

mikoinsidevp8.jpg

Last edited:
^^^

Yes, that's the motherboard.

People complain about the price of the Miko...understandably so. But one thing you have to remember, is when you buy something like this, you pay for the quality worksmanship, and you also pay for the SERVICE.

Anybody who's bought a Lexus, BMW or Mercedes will tell you that it's not only the quality of the product, but the QUALITY SERVICE that makes the car worth paying top dollar for...

For instance. I was having troubles with my NIC. So I called OL, and they sat on the phone with me for an hour troubleshooting the issue. I didn't have to sit on hold for 6 hours, nothing. I called, got right through, and the troubleshooting began.

He connected remotely into my Miko, took control and troubleshot the issue. Turns out, the issue was in my Linksys Router.

Today, I had an issue where the midi from the Miko keys was doubling notes, so it sounded like whatever i played had a Flanger or Choruser on it or something. So I emailed OL Support. They responded within 20 minutes and told me what the issue was. It was a 30 second fix.

Service like that is priceless. When you pay top dollar for goods (or just when you buy stuff period) and you're having issues, nothing is more frustrating than not being able to get help. I think we all know this.

The EXCELLENT customer service is just one reason that the Miko is worth it. Those OL product owners on here that have talked to the CEO personally know what I'm talking about.

Back