MicroSampler or ?

FwuffyTheBunny

Hey, so after reading these forums and scouring the internet for information, I finally have decided what it is I'm looking for.

So far it seems like I want the Korg Microsampler.

I want a keyboard that I can load sounds into (through a mic isn't that appealing, I'd rather just load sounds through a SMcard or through usb or something)

So is this what I want?

I want a keyboard I can load drum sounds into, and play, real time, and loop/record to overdub everything. And be able to load in string samples and bass samples, and play them chromatically on the keys. And again, record them, and add them to the loop.

Is the microsampler for me? Or is there better things for my needs?

It seems like the microsampler is limited when it comes to storage of samples. That is my main concern. But I like it's price.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

And also, if I load say a 4 second violin sample. Where the sample is one continuous note. Will the microsampler keep it going as long as I hold down the key? Or will I notice the note stutter like when it repeats?

Trust me, i wanted to buy one too.
The guys at GC took it out of the box and its a big plastic crappy keyboard.

It doesn't save your work and i dont recommend it.

Get an ASR10. They are amazing. Get it on the low for 400-600 on ebay. Good investment.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Logic has a similar interface of a keyboard sampler (if you have mac) and so does reason. So those would be worth checking out too.

I'm not looking for anything professional, just sort of a portable mini jam studio all packed into a keyboard. Just to be able to pick it up and make some tunes. When I get bored, load in some new samples and make some different stuff.

I would disagree with Doc Suess and say that this very well could be what your looking for. You can save your samples, as well as sequences that you create. I have the machine, and although I don't know it 100% I am very happy i own it. You will be amazed what you can do with it in a very short amount of time!

I was really longing for one a while ago, but the guys at the Korg forum were really helpfull and turns out its not what I wanted... Its kinda limited.. I think as the other people here that the asr would be a better choice.. until korg releases a firmware update or something i dont know im drunk lol

Back