Method Man's All I Need 20th Anniversary

One of if not the best verses written about love by any rapper ever. If anyone thinks it isn't I'd like to hear what you consider to be better.
Everything about it is perfect, it's crazy to think that it's twenty years old now. It's the hip hop/rnb crossover standard. As the years pass its words
become more true, and hold more weight. It's pure poetry that stands up against any author, writer or literary mind in any medium. What it means to be committed,
and what would make a man want to commit. When I was younger I'd put it on a mix or tell the person I was with to read the lyrics, but just like they didn't get it then
I didn't either. It's too serious. It is timeless. If someone had never heard hip hop before, and told you they wanted to hear something that
was about love or what the "hip hop wedding vows" would be, that's the song I'd refer to. It doesn't matter what color you are, where you come from, status, none of that stuff.
Anyone from any background can relate to wanting a relationship like that. James Brown said "a woman makes a better man," Method Man raps exactly the reasons what would
cause a man to want to be a better man. Mary "souls" over the song. The scene in the video where they're sitting on the rooftop next to each other with their backs to the precipice
is perfect. It's reminiscent of Charlie Chaplin's scene from Modern Times...

Here's something to think about. If on that same rooftop Q is holding Bishop over the edge, a love or commitment like that from his girl would save every life lost at the other side of Bishop's gun. Because why would I want or need a gun if I have "All I Need."

Back