Mellow track w/ sample. Give some feedback, I'll return the favor!

I thought this was pretty good, man. The drums are mixed cleanly and hit real nice, really that snare roll. I'd say the programming and mixing you did on those is the most impressive part for me. The bass was nice and warm as well and sank in real nice behind the drums.

Not sure if this was the sample, but the twangy, bluesy guitar parts were dope as well. All in all, you did a good job of picking the right sounds and drum samples to complement one another, which is one of the most important parts in producing.

As far as suggestions go, I'd think about incorporating a bridge section by arranging a new melody with that bluesy guitar, possibly in the part where you solo out the drums. It might have a cool effect when you bring the bass back in and resume the main melody. Just a thought.

Good job overall. Here's mine, if you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tnght-ish-type-track-f4f-468802/#post49754180

Thanks for the input dude! I can't take too much credit for the mix on the drums, because I sampled this: Paul Simon - 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover + lyrics - YouTube, but I slowed it down and threw a little more kick and snare in to set it off. It'll definitely need to be re-worked when I get some lyrics on it, and I'll do a little more with the bridge. But thanks again for the honest input. Your track's pretty dope too.

New to mixing/mastering. All criticism welcome, don't go easy on me.

Alright then, note that I do like the beat quite a bit, but here's my negative criticisms...

I like that you're using the Steve Gadd/Paul Simon sample but I didn't think that the snare choice (the one you're using to double) blended very well with the original sample. It sticks out a little too much for me, I like the idea and think it could sound really nice with a different snare swapped in. The individual parts were nice but there wasn't any overarching themes or melodies. It seemed kind of like all of the individual parts were just filler/noodling around type of stuff that you would add after you came up with a main theme and melody.

Back