Me singing, just want to know what you think, is my voice good or nor.

Nylander

Hi,

so I am new to the production and I am also trying to sing. I have been in choir for several years and have education of music, however I think that I can't sing, because I don't have a voice. So I decided to post it to a forum, so I could be anonymously valued :) It is recorded with studio microphone, but in a regular room, without any acoustic treatment. And also, this is recorded by one take, so there a lots of mistakes. I love internet for that reason, so that you can receive true and honesty, because nobody knows who is who. So, my questions would be: do you think that I can sing and fit into some genre of music ? Because I am really not sure, some are born with talent and some are not. What is more, if you want to succeed you have to have somewhat different, you need to be unique. I write songs and play piano very well, but maybe I should concentrate on different things ?

Thanks for your response.

View attachment Patrick Baker - Control.mp3
View attachment Wake Me Up.mp3

Last edited:
I think you will have to do a better mix…it just seems that your voice is way separate from the music….it's like 2 separate tracks…just improving this will improve the rest I think….

Thanks fumanshu :) Immediately after I have googled about how to sit vocals in the mix and found one solution - multiband compression. I have never used it before, so I think I will try to do next time to blend my vocals into the mix. But I don't know if it solves the problem if singer doesn't sing good or have not so good texture of his voice.

Back