Maschine vs MPC 2500 has been wrecking my head.

Mat Lynas

hi, im just getting started producing, stsrted by buying a Moog off ebay, but im now intrested it pad based stuff. Im looking into the Maschine mk2 or the Akia MPC 2500. I love both, but can somebody bloody help me decide before I just give up? Lets settle this debate.

If you're a beginner take the Maschine with a software so you can see everything on the screen. Its much easier for a beginner believe me. When you work with an MPC you have to use your ears a lot more so wait till you get a little better at it ;)

If you want my honest opinion I bought the maschine about a year ago took it out of the box got it hooked up and instantly fell in love with it. Now may I ask do you plan on using it as a vst plugin because thats where shit starts to suck and let me tell you why t wont read any pitch info say you got a bangin ass beat and it has a 808 or a bassline like kick in it when you drag it into your DAW all of that info is lost now there are work arounds but honestly after you do ten steps your creativity is on "0" but if you dont plan on using maschine as a full DAW my advice would be buy fx pansion geist and get a MPC 32 or a MPC this is just my 2$ I wish I would of known what I knew now I wouldnt be out $300

Back