Maschine not working on my mac!!

oxygenbeats

So I recently went out and bought a maxed out G5 strictly for the purpose of running Maschine. I got maschine in the mail today and go to install it and it says, "Can't Install. Requires IntelMac Hardware." Everything I researched and read diden't mention anything about this. My computer is a Powermac but with tons of memory and a new O.S. Am I just screwed as far as using maschine and this current computer I have? Any help is appreciated...

Sorry to say, but you're screwed. It does mention in the system requirements about an Intel C2D, but granted doesn't specifically say that it needs one to run.

latest version of Maschine says intel mac required

from the product page...

System Requirements:

Windows® XP (SP2, 32 Bit) / Vista® (32/64 Bit), Windows 7® (32/64 Bit), Pentium® or Athlon XP 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM

Mac OS® X 10.5 or higher, Intel® Core™ Duo 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM
Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions

USB 2.0 Port, 6 GB free disk space for complete installation

the very first versions that came out worked with ppc macs, as they were on the way out, when apple stopped supporting them, so did many software vendors. I'm sure you could get them to let you download the original installer, but honestly, you'll miss out on a lot of the updates that make it much better in my opinion.

have you guys ever even used the MPC timestretch? it sounds like crap...stop playin lol.

Yes, well Apple decided they wanted to advertise that the new snow leopard OS was 9GB smaller than the previous OS. They did this by stripping out all support for the PPC machines, this also how they claim such a stable OS, it's only written for 6 hardware configs.. You actually need a C2D to run the most current OS, but unless there is a universal binary version, you're out of luck.

Machine is a flop imo .....don't kill me just being honest

Thats strange, its your opinion, but I happen to know that its done pretty well as a product and people are enjoying their workflow. Not saying its better than anything else, but it definitely hit a nerve for people that were looking for a new way to work.

have you guys ever even used the MPC timestretch? it sounds like crap...stop playin lol.

:cheers: As much as I love my MPCs, I have to agree that the Timestretch does suck. Using it at small increments is okay, but trying to make drastic changes... NO GOOD!

Back