MASCHINE!!! "Akai can kiss my ass."

Maschine just might be the answer to the MPC after all.. And I hate saying that!!! I'm A MPC head till the end, but NI is on to something here! DAMN!!!

Are the stars aligning?

Haha just messing. The Maschine is the most revolutionary piece of gear to come out since the MPC though in my opinion. Good value. Good board.

Ever since F Major uploaded that tutorial, my production has stepped up.. And I'm talking about a matter of Days.. Not to Tute My own horn, but I think I'll be a force once I master the Maschine and the workflow becomes easier!! I already cranked out some bangers just yesterday, and Im getting better!

I love the MPC, but it the maschine looks nice. I did notice with the MPC 1K that the samples loss a little punch when sampling, which doesnt appear to be an issue with the maschine

i have the 3k,5k,4k, and maschine .maschine lacks that feel(swing u get on the mpcs.
:rolleyes: Not this again.

"MPC swing" is a myth. There is no elusive magical swing on the MPC that Maschine doesn't have. Both of them can swing just fine although MPC is actually much more limited in comparison.

No Borders you are wrong! I have been saying this from the beginning that the MPC has a different feel! The toughness of the pads, the swing is crazier, and it is not a myth. The question is: Can you manipulate Maschine to do the same? Yes! And even if you couldn't get the same MPC type feel, the benefits in Maschine are so that I can live without the MPC feel!

People should also check into MOTU BPM. I think it's a bit less expensive than Maschine and it doesn't come with a controller so you can use whatever controller you already have. It's also pretty powerful. Check out the videos on the website...

MOTU.com - BPM Overview

^**** that. for that you can just use pads and a DAW. not saying BPM isn't good but they're 2 different beasts.

I think that hardware does have a different feel. It may be due to the quantization not being as tight as a daw, but there is some perceivable difference. With that said, you can manipulate a daw to get that feel, but to say there is no difference is a stretch.

No Borders you are wrong! I have been saying this from the beginning that the MPC has a different feel! The toughness of the pads, the swing is crazier, and it is not a myth.
Ahahahaha!!! ROTFL

The "swing is crazier" huh? Look, you have no idea what you're talking about. There's nothing special or "crazy" about the swing on MPCs and the pads on MPC have the least sensitivity compared to what's available today. You can hear it from Roger Linn, the inventor of MPC himself:

"There’s a lot more voodoo in the press than actually exists. Even on my earliest drum machines, all I did was make sure my samples were trimmed tightly and wrote my software so that the software responds tightly. Swing is just a matter of accurate percentages."
"My bag of tricks is basically taking away all the stuff the software sequencers give you."
"These days, you can get great swing if you know what you’re doing."
"There’s no other trick than that. I think it’s pretty easy for most people to get a good groove."
The Father of Drum Machines and the Father of MIDI Talk About Design and the Tempest

Ahahahaha!!! ROTFL

The "swing is crazier" huh? Look, you have no idea what you're talking about.
There's nothing special or "crazy" about the swing on MPCs and the pads on MPC have the least sensitivity compared to what's available today. You can hear it from Roger Linn, the inventor of MPC himself:

"There’s a lot more voodoo in the press than actually exists. Even on my earliest drum machines, all I did was make sure my samples were trimmed tightly and wrote my software so that the software responds tightly. Swing is just a matter of accurate percentages."
"My bag of tricks is basically taking away all the stuff the software sequencers give you."
"These days, you can get great swing if you know what you’re doing."
"There’s no other trick than that. I think it’s pretty easy for most people to get a good groove."
The Father of Drum Machines and the Father of MIDI Talk About Design and the Tempest

Are you serious? I have no idea what I'm talking about? Bro I been doing this ish since Adats, Reels, and big ass mixing consoles! I know what I'm talking about. The MPC has a different feel, Thats just the truth.. I'm not saying that Maschine isn't a beast. My position about the Maschine has changed over the last months, and I know it's a Mean piece of software-hardware. It seems you are just here to argue, so once again: POST A PIECE OF WORK YOU HAVE DONE WITH THE MASCHINE, AND I'LL POST A PIECE OF WORK THAT I DID WITH THE MPC.. AND THEN WE CAN TRY TO HEAR THE DIFFERENCES. UNTIL THEN, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO STAND ON other than stuff you've read or heard someone else say..

Are you serious? I have no idea what I'm talking about? Bro I been doing this ish since Adats, Reels, and big ass mixing consoles! I know what I'm talking about. The MPC has a different feel, Thats just the truth..
You're clearly not comprehending the information I provided in response to your absurd claim about MPC's swing being "crazier" than something else. And now you're just resorting to talking about "feel" as if that would have anything to do with objective truth.
LOL

You have to be crazy to think that Roger Lynn is gonna give his secrets away! LOL.. Naw, But it looks like they just made a Maschine! Especially when I seen it at the Namm show on youtube, it has some of the same elements of Maschine: pads lighting up and all..

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Okay.. Yeah I didn't mean swing, because swing can be accomplished through any software or hardware. I meant the FEEL of the mpc. I even explained it by pointing out the feel of the pads and stuff like that! But all that aside I was talking about the feel not the swing.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

And NOBORDERS... HOW credible are you really? I want to hear some of your music, so I can see if you should even be speaking on forums like this! lol.. I got beats on youtube and they not the hottest beats, but still I got something. I haven't heard nothing from you as far as music is concerned so Let me hear something man.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

ONE MORE THING! And I agree with you no borders as far as the Maschine being revolutionary.. I'm about to post a track I just did with Maschine and the Motif. And for the sake of keeping it real, I'll post the song with a drum pattern that was already on machine.. The drums sounded better than my drums so I stuck with them.. stay tuned......

Chuck your getting soft on me all falling in love with the Maschine!

Haha just messing bro, but I'm glad your warming up to it; it's a great groovebox.

I don't think it would run on my Macbook lol. Maybe if I had more ram...

Track using Maschine's Internal Drum Pattern.

OK. Here's the link to the Youtube page. You can find the track there. This is a track I recently did with Maschine, and I'll say it again: My position on Maschine has changed and this track clearly demonstrates that Maschine is capable of producing nice grooves. I'll even go a little bit further as to say that Maschine has similarities to the MPC.. There's only a little difference between the two and you have to be an MPC vet to really understand the difference.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I think It would work well with your Macbook. You probably need at least 2 gigs of ram though. Yeah I'm getting soft man.. Damn Maschine grew on me! lol

Last edited:
OK. Here's the link to the Youtube page. You can find the track there. This is a track I recently did with Maschine, and I'll say it again: My position on Maschine has changed and this track clearly demonstrates that Maschine is capable of producing nice grooves. I'll even go a little bit further as to say that Maschine has similarities to the MPC.. There's only a little difference between the two and you have to be an MPC vet to really understand the difference.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I think It would work well with your Macbook. You probably need at least 2 gigs of ram though. Yeah I'm getting soft man.. Damn Maschine grew on me! lol

I have 2 gigs but man my Macbook just doesn't perform as expected. Just having a few tabs up makes Safari crash, I even have Garageband crash so Maschine seems like mission impossible almost!

Yeah but he ain't posting no material! I posted material I did with Maschine and he has posted nothing.. I'm not the hottest, but I'm solid and im on my way.. Noborders won't even put up a track to show us that he's fluent on the Maschine! Look at FMajor. He posts ish all the time on Maschine, and he's official! Not Noborders.. lol

Credible enough to respond to every comment ever made about Maschine on this board. Anytime Maschine comes up if his comment wasn't the last you can bet it will be next.

Hahaha if you say something about a MPC to him he will spazz. Not sure why.
Maschine is dope. Doesn't make the MPC not dope. I had a 1000. It was cool, but I think the Maschine is a better VALUE. It's not a better groovebox. The best sampler is the one that works best for you.

I still dig the 2500 a lot, but if I went shopping tomorrow for one, Maschine would be my pick.

I don't know why people can't just use what works for them. I have a MPC 2500 and I have been debating on getting Maschine. The only holdup is that i have a lot of outboard gear. WIth that said, there is/are differences in "feel" between the MPC and software. I can program a beat on Cubase in 4/4 at whatever BPM and the same in the MPC. On Cubase, it tends to have a stiffer feel to me even though they could both be quantized at 1/16. Now, you can go back in software of whatever and change the swing, strength, etc to get that same feel. I am not disputing that point, however, there is some difference in feel.

I have played drums for almost 10 years now and its the same in playing a set. Two drummers can play the same beat and have different feels although playing the same sheet of music.

Back