Making the 808 Stand Out in the Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
That leads us to here.

I'm told to read a book I can recite(if that was directed towards me)and a book I also know won't make you an M.E. It is very informative however.

Nah, wasn't talking to you.

Just whoever hasn't read it yet.

I knew you weren't, but the cosignee who posted underneath you swears I'm the one who needs to read it. I tried to not point in any specific direction in the process I may have made it sound like the issue was with you. :cheers:

I'm trying to avoid any further confrontations, people, I'm doing my part.

Last edited:
I knew you weren't, but the cosignee who posted underneath you swears I'm the one who needs to read it. I tried to not point in any specific direction in the process I may have made it sound like the issue was with you. :cheers:

I'm trying to avoid any further confrontations, people, I'm doing my part.

Get your sh*t right homie, I said thank u becouse that book is very informative and people should read that joint. Not becouse of u, U aint f*ckin with my music so i really dont care how u master your stuff. Or anyone elses at that. Thats on them if they want there **** to just sound "louder" instead of "masterd"

Then I'm told an "L3 can't be used for mastering because it's a multiband compressor and mbc's are used for mixing" although the same poster shows supporting evidence that the L3 is an all-in-one mastering suite limiter(I couldn't make this sh*t up) I disagree and I am not only wrong again, but told I'm not an M.E. although I have mastered dozens of Albums.

are really dumb or what?

i never said L3 can't be used for mastrering!Never! I said that mastering is more then applying L3 on a track!And i never said that mbcs are used just for mixing.Don't rip my statements out of context! You tryed to play smart explaing us that L3 isn't just a mbc!

i know exactley what i'm saying here, but i can't notice that you do!except , of course , that you are an expert and m.e. 1000 times LOL

man, from one post to other you just keep showing your endless stupidity!

Last edited by a moderator:
You still think the L3 is an MBC, which means you've yet to read the difference between an MBC and a Limiter, and other dude thinks I just make sh*t loud, when his sh*t sounds quiet, poorly mixed, and unmastered(thanx to that 50 year vet he uses), you guys are such winners.

Keep reading. http://performermag.com/SoundPrinciplesLimiting.php

You're right?(sarcastically, but that's the only way I can say it)you happy now? Continue to tell me how much of an idiot I am, this is just another "deRaNged don't know sh*t thread" that started with an 808 question that I gave 5 mins. of my time. You're all welcome!

More often than not, M.E.s and pros share the same views I do on here while the novices try to put me in my place. If Massive or Blue bear told you the same elementary sh*t I'm telling you, you wouldn't argue. If mysto told you to do the same with drums you'd shut up and do it.

Wishing the facts that come out of my mouth are fiction won't make them so. It's been real, cocksuckaz!

Last edited:
You still think the L3 is an MBC, which means you've yet to read the difference between an MBC and a Limiter, and other dude thinks I just make sh*t loud, when his sh*t sounds quiet, poorly mixed, and unmastered(thanx to that 50 year vet he uses), you guys are such winners.

You're right?(sarcastically, but that's the only way I can say it)you happy now? Continue to tell me how much of an idiot I am, this is just another "deRaNged don't know sh*t thread" that started with an 808 question that I gave 5 mins. of my time. You're all welcome!

And what tracks of mine did u listen to? I dont even master aaaany of my tracks, Only album that was masterd was www.myspace.com/sliverspoonsonpaperplates And um lets see. If this issent the only post were people been pullin your card, well hmmm dont u think there would be a reason behind that? Alot of the stuff you quote or have talked about is easy info that anyone can come accross. That anyone with comon knowledge about mastering music would know.

And other dude is wrong. I can agrea with u on that. Even tho i hate to admit it that L3 is a mastering tool that can achive what one would want to do with there song. But dont say you master then say you do "budjet Mastering" Thats a contradiction within itself becouse you claim to be a mastering engineer, but then say u do budjet mastering?? cmon on now. Honestly there is no such thing, Thats why people sh*t on Ma$terByMail.com and all them other "low budjet" "mastering facilites" Bassicly what im tring to say is your not impressing no one. U try to hard and thats your fault.

Last edited:
If mysto told you to do the same with drums you'd shut up and do it.

ahahahaha! now THATS funny. Cause it's true.

Isn't the L3 a Multiband Limiter?

Adlib311 said:
And what tracks of mine did u listen to? I dont even master aaaany of my tracks, Only album that was masterd was www.myspace.com/sliverspoonsonpaperplates And um lets see. If this issent the only post were people been pullin your card, well hmmm dont u think there would be a reason behind that? Alot of the stuff you quote or have talked about is easy info that anyone can come accross. That anyone with comon knowledge about mastering music would know.

And other dude is wrong. I can agrea with u on that. Even tho i hate to admit it that L3 is a mastering tool that can achive what one would want to do with there song. But dont say you master then say you do "budjet Mastering" Thats a contradiction within itself becouse you claim to be a mastering engineer, but then say u do budjet mastering?? cmon on now. Honestly there is no such thing, Thats why people sh*t on Ma$terByMail.com and all them other "low budjet" "mastering facilites" Bassicly what im tring to say is your not impressing no one. U try to hard and thats your fault.
Yawn. If I have a "budget" homestudio, everything that comes out of it is budget. I'm not gonna charge somebody $3,000 to master a CD from home(that's why I get more business in my home than in the major studios I work out of), but if they need that done, I can go into Cloud 9 or the Smokehouse and run it thru all the top line gear they provide.

I've already stated I work on major consoles at major studios and use what I got at home to the same effect. I haven't strayed from any of my statements yet. I'm dying to say I'm wrong, somebody please pull my card.

As for "impressing", the last concern on my mind has to be impressing anyone on this site, the way I come up here with this "dickhead" persona. I don't live my life to impress nobody. When I'm wrong I shut up fast. When I'm right, I can go on...apparently for months.

Last edited:
PlanetHitzProduction said:
Nah, wasn't talking to you.

Just whoever hasn't read it yet.

Hitz does this seem like it relates to sumthin else we spoke about?

Try this

I had the same exact problem but I figured it out i layered the kick with the same kick then I processed one of the kicks with antares tube turning up the drive then with waves maxx bass adding a second layer of bass

I like to push the 808 kick through an analog channel just slightly clipping the attack that way it seems like the distortion creates a whole new sound, that way it stands out more in the mix, listen to the track "Like Dis'" on my myspace jukebox, that was mixed on an ssl using the compressor on the channel + a little drive on the kick, it can also be done on any program, but the key is using an analog channel.
www.myspace.com/robbeatzmuzik

Halfway through the thread I was hoping for MM, BBS, or dvyce to pop in and nothing.

Less hoping, more closing.

To the OP, please re-post if you'd like more info. Too much misguidance on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back