Making Of: Kendrick Lamar "GOOD KID, M.A.A.D CITY"

This may be a dumb question, but what the hell is that "swimmin pool full of liquor and I dive in" song about? I'm not really a Kendrick Lamar fan so when I first heard it I didn't even know it was him... but once I found out it was him I know there's gotta be some deeper type of meaning than what it is at face value... Kendrick never really releases those mainstream bullshit songs.. at least not from the few interviews I've read from him and maybe a verse here and there that my friends have played...

So is it about alcoholism or something?

There's a really good Complex feature that talks about the making of the album if you guys wanna search that up. I can't post links. Womp.

This may be a dumb question, but what the hell is that "swimmin pool full of liquor and I dive in" song about? I'm not really a Kendrick Lamar fan so when I first heard it I didn't even know it was him... but once I found out it was him I know there's gotta be some deeper type of meaning than what it is at face value... Kendrick never really releases those mainstream bullshit songs.. at least not from the few interviews I've read from him and maybe a verse here and there that my friends have played...

So is it about alcoholism or something?
Its about his grandfather and people around him always drinking and gettin in shit!

Back