Mac equivalent of FL Studio?

S

seven1

Hey I recently switch from Windows to Mac. Any suggestions for the best crossover program to Mac?

Am starting to miss FL, so opened up Garage Band to discover it's not really in the same ballpark.
I know of Logic, Albeton Live and ProTools but it doesn't look like they have that step sequencer that FL has (I think what I liked about FL the most). I know you can get FL with Parallel but i've heard using it is a bit sluggish (any comments?) so I don't really want to bother with it for one program that isn't going to run well.

Also, side note - has anybody tried the FL Studio iPhone app?? aha

Well i also have a Mac and i run FLStudio...its funny you mentioned CrossOver....cuz thats what i use to run FL on my Mac...when you have CrossOver running you can install and run juz about any Windows program smoothly and the best part of it all is that you dont need any parts of Windows or drivers or anything to run it....IMO...FL runs better on my Mac than it did on my PC

The mac equivalent of FL studio is FL studio, there are a bunch of ways to run it on a mac. That said, who buys a mac and uses FL full time?

If you want a new program ableton live 8 and cubase 6 are great

Last edited:
And they're gonna be releasing an official "Mac version" sometime in the near future - although it's really just the PC version running in a custom wrapper (can't remember if it's Parallels or CrossOver, but anyway).

I thought I had read on Maestro's site they'd be releasing one for Mac sometime in the near future..

Ahh, here it go..
Fruity Loops For Mac | Sounds and Success
Now that I read it I think they're actually just talkin bout the Crossover thing. Idk, lol..

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

And they're gonna be releasing an official "Mac version" sometime in the near future - although it's really just the PC version running in a custom wrapper (can't remember if it's Parallels or CrossOver, but anyway).

Too shay..

The mac equivalent of FL studio is FL studio, there are a bunch of ways to run it on a mac. That said, who buys a mac and uses FL full time?

If you want a new program ableton live 8 and cubase 6 are great
i bought a Mac and i use FL full time....havent had any problems with that....you can use your computer for many more things besides making beats....IMO FL runs much better on my Mac than it did on my PC

i saw a screenshot posted by JohnnyJuliano on instagram. He's also using FL Studio Mac. But i'm wondering how.

I tried CrossOver. It Worked but not really well. had some lags. have 4GB of Ram and a Core 2 Duo 2,2 GhZ
Do you use an Interface or Internal Sound Card? Set Up some Settings in CrossOver? Or is my RAM just to low

Last edited:
ive had fl on a mac for about 2years now..Running windows 7
on a Intel Imac 20''which i dual boot my system. Windows one part of the hd and leopard the other part.. but i still sould like to try running FL on leopard though

you can run it, BUT... you won't be able to read your disks (because right now your audio disk is formatted for mac, so once you run Parallels, you don't have access to your audio disk) .
So you won't have access to any of your samples.
Also, if you want to put what you've created into a mac program,
ya can't :p

I tried it a bunch of different ways, with Parallels and with Crossover.
It played alright, but it didn't RECORD all that well.

Remember, if you're running Windows, whether it's via Parallels, or if it's just Windows
on a Windows computer, Windows uses "Drivers", so you will need to install drivers,
and deal with all the Windows-related garb within your mac.

If you want to use Fruity, you're actually better off getting a windows computer and installing it.

ImageLine insists there will "never" <their words,="" be="" a="" mac="" version="" of="" fruity="" loops.

But there is one for iPad.</their>

Last edited:
Back