M-Audio Venom on sale for $199

This doesn't have to be connected to software to operate. I think you were misinformed. The software is only an additional editor but not required.

This doesn't have to be connected to software to operate. I think you were misinformed. The software is only an additional editor but not required.

"To get all the functions" was the key here - you simply can't access but the most basic parameters from the synth itself, the rest rely on using the software editor.

Yes, you get only very basic functions from the Multi section but going deep, yes you will use the editor. But for $200 I have no complaints. To each his own though :cheers:

Last edited:
dont buy it in my opinion...i had one for 2 months...didnt like it....you will use it like plugin...it has a certain sound to it because its all samples, no dsp....

From what I understand there were supposed to be some major software updates that never happened and rather than making them happen M-Audio decided they aren't going to support it anymore. I'd stay far away. Kinda sad though because I was planning on buying one eventually. Now my eyes are on the Ultra Nova

M-Audio getting sold killed all future plans for the Venom.

The Nova is (Mini or Super) is a step up its expandability.

Back