Lyric help.

A White Rebel

I like politics. I write long political bars and can never flow. I need to go back to the basics and somehow learn to use my intellect and this make it musical. I'm like immortal tech with no flow and I need a lot of help.

Some music:https://soundcloud.com/jesse-langford

Idk If I just need to go back to the basics or what... but I want to make marketable music and need a mentor or something. I want to be less like an Immortal tech with no rhyme and more like Lupe Fiasco... he gets it all out and flows. I want to make music for a long time. Political and social rap.

Last edited:
I like politics. I write long political bars and can never flow. I need to go back to the basics and somehow learn to use my intellect and this make it musical. I'm like immortal tech with no flow and I need a lot of help.

Some music:https://soundcloud.com/jesse-langford

Idk If I just need to go back to the basics or what... but I want to make marketable music and need a mentor or something. I want to be less like an Immortal tech with no rhyme and more like Lupe Fiasco... he gets it all out and flows. I want to make music for a long time. Political and social rap.

Immortal Tech uses a lot of dynamics within his raps and honestly I have respect for the dude for being political. Lets just face facts here though. I am glad you have opinions and want to express them. You very well should, but if you are wanting to be marketable that will be very hard since you want to be political. Rage Against the Machine was a great band, but I cant listen to half of there songs, because Zach Dela Roca goes off on political tangents I cannot keep up with and many other feel the same way. Let alone his subjects I dont even care about. I.E. go listen to bomb track. Im not saying do not take that route, because if it is your style and you make it work then by all means more power to you, but just understand the audience you want to cater too. As far as the flow goes try being on time. It felt like you wanted to keep up with the snare, but missed it by a beat or so. Practice rapping to a metronome it will help you out a lot.

M.C.Gray

Last edited:
Just start off with easy flows.thats what i did.i then started squeezing and attempting more words per line.practice practice practice. :)

I respect what your trying to do. I'm alot older than you and grew into trying to do something similar at times to what I seem to think your going for. I seem to have given up and pursued other interests and decided to deal with more pressing issues as well which has robbed my time but back to you. You are putting a rather huge weight upon yourself in asking to be able to be more fluid in your rapping style and yet at the same time have a off beat style. that's a huge task in itself. adding in politically aware content and making it musical enough to be enjoyably listened to is another level all to itself. lupe and immortals styles are completely different obviously. one thing you might try if your having trouble keeping up with the track and finding the beat is to record the track at a slowed pace to help give yourself time to enunciate words and think through pronouncing your next lines. I've never tried it but i've thought it might work well for tracks where the pace seems pushed. All you can do is keep giving your time to it. whether writing or spitting. If it's not working try a different style or a different beat. peace

Back