Lupe Fiasco Says He’s Fearful Of The Culture Chief Keef Represents

While Chief Keef’s “I Don’t Like” single has garnered remixes from the likes of Kanye West and Game, there’s one rapper who isn’t terribly impressed with the content the young rapper chooses to rap about in his music. During an interview with Baltimore’s 92Q Jams, Lupe Fiasco had quite a lot to say in regards to Keef. The rapper even went on to state that he’s frightened by the kind of culture that Keef’s music represents.

Read Full Story And Watch Interview Here >>> Lupe Fiasco Says He’s Fearful Of The Culture Chief Keef Represents

I don't always agree with Lupe, but I do on this one. Chief's influence on young cats is something serious. Parents need to step up and have some serious and I mean serious talks with their children and tell them that Chief Keef is not a role model. Or maybe although doubtful I believe Chief should come out and pull a Charles Barkley and say " I'm no role model"

^ Keef seems like the type of consciousless but *real* cat that would do something like that

I've never even heard of this guy.
But judging by his YT videos he needs to get some new gear...
Studio gangster.

Lupe is a little punk. I didn't know that dude was that soft.fs
I dont like Chief Keef, I don't like his image and never will, but Lupe is right. Whether this kid realize it or not he hold a lot of responsibility in today's youth. He needs to represent himself better. If your going to talk about guns and shooting nshit that's cool. But make sure these kids just know that's entertainment.

plus i also dislike the murder he commits to my ears

Last edited:
I saw a CK interview a while back, and he didn't even think that violent shoot people shit was bad. Usually rappers try to front with the "for entertainment purposes only" clause, but not Keef.

It's not keef's responsibility to nurture your children. So don't blame keef, blame the parents.

Last edited:
This is hip hop. Ain't nothing changes since it's foundation. Civilized cats shouldn't come around the savage heathens thinking they understand. We can glorify ross for making "good music" while fontin and pretending, but the real artists always get held back.

Keef is a product of his environment that has been given a platform to speak, that's what hip hop is and has been about about from day 1. Lupe's boss supplied the city with heroine what room does he have to comment on a guy who made a song for his surroundings that just happened to take off and give him a career?

There was a time when DMX looked like average stick up kid. Jay-Z looked like average weight pusher. Eminem looked like average drug addict. Kanye looked like average college dropout...Because that's what they were, they were given platforms to tell their story! Keef will NEVER be more influential to the youth than any of the guys I just mentioned. What's oblivious to Lupe for some reason is all these kids running around killing folk looking like Keef didn't just start growing dreads when he came out...they trying to be like Wayne who does nothing he speaks on in his songs and never has. Fakes stay winning.

Chicago's murder rate is off the charts, and Keef is part of that culture of romanticizing ignorance. Keef ain't the first of his kind but this shit in Chicago is ridiculous. Everybody in the Chi need to speak on this craziness.
Ol man rant off.

Heard of him but never heard him, whatever though. If only there was a way for ignorant people to kill other ignorant people without taking out innocents.

It's not keef's responsibility to nurture your children. So don't blame keef, blame the parents.

And the label he's on. And YouTube. And wherever his video is played. And the radio for playing this garbage. And the magazines don't have to feature him and their magazines. And Kanye (what happened to the College Sellout Kanye) and Game (who should be more responsible since he has a young son) shouldn't give this clown the publicity. And so on and so forth. Parents work. The previous mentioned negativity enforcers don't have to support or program this nonsense in children all day and night long. Bottom line, Lupe is right. The last man in "major" Hip-Hop.

but for real tho,if your music inspires just one person to make positive change in their life..shit, that's amazing

Last edited:
Didn't Lupe give Lil B some love for his movement or whatever? I love the B**ch song it's an element that Hip Hop been missing. The problem I have with him is he inconsistent. Almost looks like Chief Keef is taken some of his chicago shine and he's jealous. Stay on message and I'm all in but you can't be pro Lil B and anti Chief Keef. Lost all my respect for Mr. Fab from the bay when he came out and gave that lil white girl a pass.

And the video of the lil kid Lil Mouse just shows that there are some people lacking parenting skills. Let him rap but he don't need all the bad language at 10 years old.

Last edited:
Back