Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch...wtf

Too bad Wayne aint half as lyrical as Lupe is on the coolest SMH

P.Bateman said:
I wouldn't say a "southern song"...but at times he would try to rhyme with a forced accent like on Go-Go Gadget. Other times he sounded like wayne (The coolest). Just wasn't being himself it seemed. Sounded like a different MC from song to song. A lot of that was in the mixing too, probably.

Go Go gadget was him payin homage to Chi Town ****

and he just "sounded like Wayne" cuz he was pronouncin his "I" like "eye" instead of "aah"

Redman, Ludacris, Tech N9ne, and Pharoahe Monch all did the same back in the 90's

both Wayne & Lupe are Hovi babies so of course their gonna sound similar.

yeah F*ck the wayne comment lets stay on topic about the beat and the song gold watch

it sounded like something i heard on this record. it like at a show and the guy is giving props to his band and says give the drummer some. if u think back artist have used this before (jay z - hovi baby) the only reason it sounds like that is because he sped up the chops so they dont play in a continuous phrase. i gotta find the song...

Last edited:
Jersey8five6 said:
Go Go gadget was him payin homage to Chi Town ****

and he just "sounded like Wayne" cuz he was pronouncin his "I" like "eye" instead of "aah"

Redman, Ludacris, Tech N9ne, and Pharoahe Monch all did the same back in the 90's

both Wayne & Lupe are Hovi babies so of course their gonna sound similar.

Wayne and Lupe didn't sound anything alike on Food and Liquor.

Its more than the pronunciation...its the whole delivery.

I dunno...The Cool just wasn't all that good of an album to me. F&L is much better imo.

DaOriginalBlade said:
I usually have Put You On The Game on repeat.
yeah that **** is nasty, but "The Die" probably has to be the best track on the album imo, Gemini kills it

Back