LP release stragegy?

@quaticSon

myspace.com/aquaticson
whats up guys, i have this lp that im working on and i wanted to know if there is a strategy for releasing an album? i want to gain a pretty good buzz for this so i was wondering how i should go about pushing it. its going to be free, i plan on passing them around school putting it up for download online and just leaving them in coffee shops and at bars and venues around my area but i was wondering what else i should do to get a bigger buzz.

thanks in advance

if you plan on releasing it free online you should probably get in contact with some blogs/websites. the larger more popular blogs will most likely ignore it over unless you have some special reason to pull them in (known guests/producers) but some smaller hip-hop blogs could give it a chance and post it. i don't mean any offense when i say it could get ignored, the fact is that large hip hop blogs get hundreds of projects sent to them daily and many go unnoticed.

also if you are looking for listens from people who have never heard your music before and you want to pull them in, have a good looking lp cover. especially if you are looking to get your music spread online, a great cover can go a long way.

Last edited:
if you plan on releasing it free online you should probably get in contact with some blogs/websites. the larger more popular blogs will most likely ignore it over unless you have some special reason to pull them in (known guests/producers) but some smaller hip-hop blogs could give it a chance and post it. i don't mean any offense when i say it could get ignored, the fact is that large hip hop blogs get hundreds of projects sent to them daily and many go unnoticed.

also if you are looking for listens from people who have never heard your music before and you want to pull them in, have a good looking lp cover. especially if you are looking to get your music spread online, a great cover can go a long way.

thanks for the info man, i haven't thought of hitting up hip hop blogs but thats a good idea i'll check em out and see whats good. i have been putting work into the design for the cover my buddy is getting pretty good with photo shop so the design should be dope.

Back