12GB DDR3-PC1600 RAM
2 x EVGA Liquid Cooling GTX590 3GB Video
GigaByte G1.Guerrilla MB
64GB x 2 Raid 0 ADATA SSD
2TB SATA-III 7200 RPM HD
LG 10X Blu-Ray Rewriter
Corsair Obsidian Case
loooking to build something similar to this but more for music not gaming
they want $4,000 for this I'm sure if I find the parts myself and have it put together by a friend/associate

I know I probably get the labor super cheap looking to get parts cheap..
I don't need a super high end graphic card hdmi out would be nice though
the cooling and low noise would be nice too like this system... and I could get the person doing the labor to do the overclocking
don't need a super fancy tower .... either wouldn't mind if I can find it cheap

help computer savy.. those who know the ways to cheap/high quality bliss

I would like to stay around $1,000-$1,500 cheaper the better I will do the research myself if you show my the way ...but won't mind if you fish for me lolshame shame shame huh thanks
this is what I plan on using with this computer

1. Cubase 4
2. Tascam DM-4800 with it's firewire card 32 in/out
3. Komplete 7
4. FXpansion BFD 2
5.Antares Auto-Tune Vocal Studio
6.uad omni satelite
7.additional uad quad card
most of my processing power will be needed for komplete 7 which is going to be used alot ..
I want computer that fast and easily run software 'UPGRADES" for at least 3-5 years with little problem

fam, we ain't always seen eye to eye on the religion and all, but I can't let you get robbed for that PC.

Gimmie a bit and I'll throw something together for you over at Newegg.

fam, we ain't always seen eye to eye on the religion and all, but I can't let you get robbed for that PC.

Gimmie a bit and I'll throw something together for you over at Newegg.

THIS. If you have any questions PM me and I can help you as well. Over email, pm, im or skype. Anytime. :)

thanks guys yeah that's a example of something I would like
8gigs of RAM should be good for my setup as every software I running only "requires" 2 gigs of RAM so go four times that is the at 8gigs of RAM

for sure want a
1. 8gigs of RAM
2. i7 processor
3. two hdmi output video card cheaper the better
4.some kind of cooling as the computer will be running for long period of time
5.low noise fan as I be all room studio seperate tracking area but no walls all open area
6. need at least two firewire ports 1.tascam DM-4800 firewird card and 2. UAD satelite

Last edited:
The UAD Satelites are Mac only but no worries though they just came out with native plugins.

Why 2 HDMI? DVI will work just fine unless you already have monitors that require it. Since music is your focus I wouldn't buy a super expensive video card. Definitely take the other guys advice and just build it yourself. $4000+ plus is just ridiculous. The only drawback to building your own system having to maintenance it yourself. But that not a big deal if you take care of your system or know computers.

The UAD Satelites are Mac only but no worries though they just came out with native plugins.

Why 2 HDMI? DVI will work just fine unless you already have monitors that require it. Since music is your focus I wouldn't buy a super expensive video card. Definitely take the other guys advice and just build it yourself. $4000+ plus is just ridiculous. The only drawback to building your own system having to maintenance it yourself. But that not a big deal if you take care of your system or know computers.

I just figure that out the the satelite is mac only
and and no way would I spend $4,000 on a pc

I would like something like that but my budget is $800-$1,200 for parts

now I need

1. 8gigs of RAM

2. i7 processor

3. two hdmi output video card cheaper the better
"going to have two HDTV for the studio one for my daw and doing a mod where I can the tascam screen on a HDTV no hurt on the eyes"

4.some kind of cooling as the computer will be running for long period of time

5.low noise fan as I be all room studio seperate tracking area but no walls all open area

6. need at least two firewire ports one for the tascam and if I buy another firewire product

I never wanted a expensive video card .. not playing video games here....

I'm good a software part of computers ....hardware part ignorant of it...
I have a guy that will put it together for me he's dell certified ... but charges me little to nothing

also is there a cheap place to get windows 7 64bit

LOGIC where you at homie?????

Last edited:
Noctua NH-D14 heatsink/cooler, if your overclocking you will need it, I'd actually advise against overclocking as you'll need to cool the higher temps and that means more noise. Fractal Design R3 case, its quiet, already has noise dampening material inside, its a well built case and its not super expensive, its around $100.

Any passively cooled (no fan) GPU will do as long as it has dual DVI.

You seemed to have missed out the PSU, you don't want to go cheap there. Corsair, XFX, Coolermaster, Seasonic, Be Quiet etc are all good brands.

You can easily get what you want PC wise for like $1500. I wouldn't bother with stuff like the SSD, there nice but GB to cost ratio they aren't worth it yet.

I'd check out the barebones kits on newegg.com and tiger direct. Then add additional stuff you want, like a quiet video card, firewire card, ram and hds. I built an i7 barebone kit with 16 gb ram, 2 hds, wireless card and all together it was just under 1000.

I'd check out the barebones kits on newegg.com and tiger direct. Then add additional stuff you want, like a quiet video card, firewire card, ram and hds. I built an i7 barebone kit with 16 gb ram, 2 hds, wireless card and all together it was just under 1000.

can I get your exact specs on the cpu your built might give me a true jumpoff ... are you using a cooling system and is your cpu pretty quiet
I just got to make sure a have 3 pci slot too

You want SSD? The i7-990x is 1 g a pop.. haha. You could build yourselve a pretty reasonable system for about 800 bucks... make it 1-1.2k if you want ssd. A good ssd setup is nice for fast reading/flawless recording, but not Necessary. If i had the money id go ssd if not no biggie.

$800 would be good for sure I think I'll just go with two of these 1tb 7200 rpm $150 for 2
Newegg.com - Seagate SV35 Series ST31000526SV 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

It was an i7 barebone kit from Tigerdirect. Heres a pic of the invoice for the prices. I already had ram, extra HDs, firewire and a wifi card. All of which can be had for 300 easily keeping you around 1000.

thanks this is exactly what I was looking for what just got make sure my RAM matches my motherboard found an i7 motherboard with 6 pcie I only need five slots but I glad to have a extra running alot of UAD-2 dsp cards

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

this what I'm looking at

ASUS P8P67 LE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $140.00
Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 LE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GV-N84STC-512I Rev2.0 GeForce 8400 GS Supporting up to 512MB(128MB onboard) 64-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card $30
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N84STC-512I Rev2.0 GeForce 8400 GS Supporting up to 512MB(128MB onboard) 64-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600 $300.00
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600

check this out from your list sounds good to lower temps
freeze thermal extreme conductivity compound $7
OCZ OCZTFRZTC Freeze Thermal Extreme Conductivity Compound at TigerDirect.com

Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - OEM $20
Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - CD / DVD Burners

Coolmax RM-750B 750-Watt Power Supply - SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, 120mm Fan, Active PFC $65
Coolmax RM-750B 750-Watt Power Supply - SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, 120mm Fan, Active PFC at TigerDirect.com

MASSCOOL FDC12025S1L 120mm Case Fan $7
Newegg.com - MASSCOOL FDC12025S1L 120mm Case Fan

Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BA-WOPSU Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case $70
Newegg.com - Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BA-WOPSU Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R $85
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit dvd- OEM $123
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD, English at TigerDirect.com

Vantec UGT-FW210 3 Port FireWire 800 / 400 Combo PCIe Card - 2 External FireWire 800 Port, 1 External FireWire 400 Port $45
Vantec UGT-FW210 3 Port FireWire 800 / 400 Combo PCIe Card - 2 External FireWire 800 Port, 1 External FireWire 400 Port at TigerDirect.com

Amped Wireless UA150C IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 High Power Wireless-150N Compact USB Adapter 150Mbps Rx/Tx Wireless Data Rates WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA Mixed, WPS $40
Newegg.com - Amped Wireless UA150C IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 High Power Wireless-150N Compact USB Adapter 150Mbps Rx/Tx Wireless Data Rates WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA Mixed, WPS

now I just got to make sure I have all the parts I need listed and they function together well
total=$1,082.00 would like to get it right at $1,000 but had to buy window 7 put me over but that's cool

I looking online and see that most places charge $60 a hour to built a custom computer in my area so I'm thinking to 2 to 3 hours ?? $180 to $200
so total should be
$1,262 exactly where I want to be total of $1,000 with labor

"keep in mind I don't want to build this myself"

if you got a way of getting me down a little without
sacficing
6 pcie slots
8gigs of RAM
i7 processor

I guess if I could find a cheaper case... a plain jane whitest/gray one for $10 buck of something and I don't know if upgrade from window xp would be cheaper then just buying a new copy of windows 7 anytime upgrade is $80 bucks as the new dvd is $123

Last edited:
I wouldn't get that case its terrible, get one of these Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case its one of the best cases ever made and its solid you could fire it out of a rocket, it also comes with enough fans, the fans are actually Tri-Cool, you can set what speed you want them to run at.. I also wouldn't get that PSU, I doubt it could even reach that wattage get one of these Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 Builder Series™ CX600 Power Supply - 600W, 80 Plus, 120mm Fan, Single +12V Rail, Active PFC at TigerDirect.com its 80+ certified.

You don't need the thermal compound the stock intel heatsink already has it applied.

And just take the DVD drive out of your current PC.

I wouldn't get that case its terrible, get one of these Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case its one of the best cases ever made and its solid you could fire it out of a rocket, it also comes with enough fans, the fans are actually Tri-Cool, you can set what speed you want them to run at.. I also wouldn't get that PSU, I doubt it could even reach that wattage get one of these Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 Builder Series™ CX600 Power Supply - 600W, 80 Plus, 120mm Fan, Single +12V Rail, Active PFC at TigerDirect.com its 80+ certified.

You don't need the thermal compound the stock intel heatsink already has it applied.

And just take the DVD drive out of your current PC.

what speed would you suggest on those fans ?????????????
and thanks for those cheaper and better quality options
do you think me choices including switching out the ones you suggested will work well together...
and how many hours do you think a trained professional would take to put this system together...as I'm paying for the labor too????

I have them in my case (I originally had that case but now use the fans in a CM60 II Advanced), I run 3x 120mm and 2x 140mm fans and I run them on low. The important thing is airflow, you can have really high speed fans but if the air can't intake and extract in the right way they are useless. A good flow of air is important.

Your parts look fine, from a glance they are all comparable. If your looking to save some cash the i7 950 is $50 less and its still a great CPU.

Building the PC wouldn't even take an hour its configuring it that takes time, especially if you want to over clock it and then there is installing windows and all the drivers, and then stress testing it. Could take a good few hours depending on who building it. If you want to install windows yourself I'd say 2 hours tops. But there are a lot of factors and when people get paid by the hour they like to stretch it out.

You could build it yourself its not difficult. Install the RAM, CPU and heatsink to the motherboard (while its out of the case its easier), put the I/O shield in the case, place the standoffs for the motherboard in the right locations on the case tray, install the motherboard, install the drives in the case, connect the drives to the motherboard, connect all the front panel stuff like power button, install the PSU and connect the power cables up, double check everything and boot it up.

Its only a matter of plugging stuff in. The motherboard manual will detail how to install everything and there are thousands of videos on Youtube.

If some of that doesn't make sense its because I been drinking :D

@Fataltone the barebones kit I had didn't include any so I had to buy it. But so far that sounds good. One question though, why don't you try and build it yourself? It'd only take 3ish hours or so in front of a computer learning as you go and you'd save a few hundred.

@Fataltone the barebones kit I had didn't include any so I had to buy it. But so far that sounds good. One question though, why don't you try and build it yourself? It'd only take 3ish hours or so in front of a computer learning as you go and you'd save a few hundred.

actually I'm really nervous about damaging the parts..

To be honest, It would be very hard to really damage anything. Plus learning to do it yourself will not only save you money this time around but also in 4-5 years when you want to upgrade as well. Or even along the way you can add stuff as you go. Plus we're here to help answer any questions you may have. I think I may have to write an article on how to build a PC now...

There is already a sticky.

There is only 3 ways you can really damage anything, static electricity, using to much force and trying to incompatible components (including crappy PSU's that go bang).

As long as you don't do the moonwalk on carpet while simultaneously rubbing a balloon on your chest hair you should have no problems with static, just ground yourself and if your extra paranoid use an anti-static wrist band, I've been playing with parts for years without running into static problems. As far as forcing components you shouldn't have to use much pressure at all, if something doesn't fit don't force it, it is possible to break some CPU pins if you don't align it the right way but there are arrows indicating where it should go.

I got thermal compound in between my CPU pins once, I had to use one of those little toothbrushes you get in hotels to clean it, luckily it wasn't conductive paste either.

Last edited:
Ya I've never had problems with static electricity. Ground yourself before and your fine. And using common sense with not jamming stuff that doesn't fit you should be fine.

Back