Looking for the best software.

sugah bliet

So I have an Akai Mpk Mini which I will mostly use to play chopped samples and drums.
So I have tried Fruitly Loops but it doesn't seem to work that good with the akai.
What would be the best software so I can create hip hop beats with the akai?

You will be disappoint, there is no best. I'm not fond of fl studio myself but it's certainly no slouch in the midi department.
Daws:
Fl studio [just as good as the others listed]
cubase [this one's called king of midi for some reason]
reaper[free]
reason[Personal fav]
studio one[personal fav]
ableton[Now, this one could prolly be "best" for live performing]
magix music maker
lmms[ Personal least favorite]
podium
orion[underrated]
protools
motu digital performer[really underrated]
mixcraft[mixed bag]
ubuntu studio.

But I'd suggest learning most of a daw before switching. Fl studio was a good starting point.

Last edited:
I'm tellin you the problems you face in fl studio will appear, everywhere else. This is why I suggested learning most of it because believe me, those are in every daw. So basically don't quit a daw till learning some of the features and whether or not...well you get the point lol.

Only advice is to look up ableton tutorials because it's gonna be the same procedure as fl studio :/ I'm tellin ya now

Why do you think it "doesn't work so good" in FL? The solution to this isn't changing DAWs - it's like buying a new car because you couldn't figure out how to turn the headlights on in your old one.

Last edited:
Why do you it "doesn't work so good" in FL? The solution to this isn't changing DAWs - it's like buying a new car because you couldn't figure out how to turn the headlights on in your old one.
Or buying a new cellphone because he can't hit the small numbers shown onscreen because his thumbs are too big.

Ya everyone is right on this one. There really isnt one greatest DAW. You pretty much have to have the patience to master one of them to your liking. I have used many of them and I just stuck with FL Studio there are alot of great producers that use it. My friend uses it alot and he has produced for rick ross so I mean it has potential.

Back