Looking for that perfect Industrial Sound?

old_Downfall

A great synthesizer to use would be my personal favorite the Yamaha DX7. Featuring the original FM synthesis. There are tons of instruments for you to work with off on the net. You could also take these presets and instruments other people made and program them to your liking. I use the DX7 frequently in all my songs. It is my favorite synth. Trent Reznor used a lot of this synth in his Pretty Hate Machine cd. So if you like the sounds in there or just want something different I would reccomend the DX7 as a good synth buy. But, because its from 1984 its going to be hard to find one. It is worth it though.

------------------
Downfall

Maybe you don't know, but the good old knobs and Moog machines have disappeared because this DX7 machine came out. In a way it has broken something in the equipment field.

Moog, ARP, and many other great names are dead just because of this DX7.

I still like the DX7. But ask Bob Moog about it... Maybe it wasn't worth it after all. Now the brands are realizing that the knobs and analog machines are the best, so all the new machines are simulating them.

my 2 cents

Tommy,

I do realize things always happen like this. Something in the 70's will become unpopular and then all of a sudden 30 years later it becomes popular again. Then the popular items are 50 times more harder to find. The DX7 has been majorly overused, but if you screw around with the settings...program something unbelievable you will be original with your sounds. Thats what I am doing now with my DX7.

------------------
Downfall

Yeah, I agree with you. I was just sad to see that most manufacturers are now looking back and realizing that they did some mistake when they moved from analog to new standards.

Back