Looking For Feedback On Beat

Grenade Beatz

Just finished this beat today, but I'm concerned about the areas where the 808 plays. Is it ok for the sound waves to look so full when the 808's low frequencies play or should that be fixed? Any other feedback would be very much appreciated as well. Thank you!

Last edited:
Good stuff mate. Just listened to it through my earphones. It sounds ok to me. Might want to drop that snare down a little bit and it'd be nice to experiment to see if it sounds better with the bass being a bit louder in the mix. You can see where you've used some heavy compression or a limiter on the track. Not necessarily a bad thing, it just means there are places where a lot of the audio's been cut out. That's pretty standard in most mixes nowadays though. Just depends what you want...

Good stuff mate. Just listened to it through my earphones. It sounds ok to me. Might want to drop that snare down a little bit and it'd be nice to experiment to see if it sounds better with the bass being a bit louder in the mix. You can see where you've used some heavy compression or a limiter on the track. Not necessarily a bad thing, it just means there are places where a lot of the audio's been cut out. That's pretty standard in most mixes nowadays though. Just depends what you want...

Thanks for the feedback Lord Lav. I'm going to try adjusting the snare and bass like you said to see how it sounds. And yes I did use a compressor and limiter, but didn't realize that's the reason the waves look like a brick. Think I should tone those 2 things down to add more dynamic range?

Dope track, i think the mix needs a bit of work tho.

The orchestral cymbal is a bit too loud in the mix. The main kick and the 808 seem to clash a bit. The low-end of the track just sounds a bit muddy, and the synths etc kinda sound chaotic in the hook IMO (mix-wise). Try to give each element its own space in the mix.

I like the filtering you did it sounded nice! So overall verdict: Dope track, mix needs a bit of work, tighten up the low-end and give all the elements their own spot in the mix.

Hope my feedback is helpful to you.

Return the feed please:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ty-bang-remix-prod-r-skillz-feed4feed-464649/

Dope track, i think the mix needs a bit of work tho.

The orchestral cymbal is a bit too loud in the mix. The main kick and the 808 seem to clash a bit. The low-end of the track just sounds a bit muddy, and the synths etc kinda sound chaotic in the hook IMO (mix-wise). Try to give each element its own space in the mix.

I like the filtering you did it sounded nice! So overall verdict: Dope track, mix needs a bit of work, tighten up the low-end and give all the elements their own spot in the mix.

Hope my feedback is helpful to you.

Return the feed please:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ty-bang-remix-prod-r-skillz-feed4feed-464649/

Excellent feedback. Going back to look at the overall mix again right now. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the feedback Lord Lav. I'm going to try adjusting the snare and bass like you said to see how it sounds. And yes I did use a compressor and limiter, but didn't realize that's the reason the waves look like a brick. Think I should tone those 2 things down to add more dynamic range?

Yep limiter particularly will create a brick. Nowadays most music has it as we are in what is called a loudness war. It's not necessarily a bad thing. It depends what you want. If it was a jazz or folk or more acoustic based song, I'd definitely say scale back on compression and limiter. However, this is a hip hop beat so making things loud, obnoxious and chopping out audio isn't such a bad thing.

Experiment by scaling back. I'd recommend you make sure you get your final mix with the individual tracks spot on first. You can worry about compressing the whole mix and limiting afterwards. The peeps above have given some good advice. Try it :)

Back