Looking for best D/A converters?

SamCurran

Hi,

Trying to get the best audio interface in terms of A/D conversion. As an "audiophile" accostumed to high-end DACs like Chord Hugo 2, etc, I would like to have similar sound quality when playing from my monitors or/and headphones.omegle xender

I'm strugling between Arturia Audiofuse 8Pre (they say they use the latest and greatest A/D converters) and Antelope Discrete Sinergy Core that is said to use converters as good as seen on professional studios.

Do you have any experience with both interfaces that could enlighten me, please?

Last edited:
What monitors do you have? Do you have acoustic adaptation? That's way more inportant than the convertors in your interface

I'll be honest, I don't think having the best converters are going to make a significant improvement in your mixing. Most people can't even tell the difference between two sets of converters, let alone the average person listening in their car. Most streaming services are going to downgrade the quality anyway. You'd be better off spending the extra money on monitors.

I think the top of the line converters are from companies like prism, and they're between 10 and 20k dollars.

Back