Logic wont open other logics project files??

DJkebu

Hey so im trying to send the project file from my track that i have been working on, to my dad who also has logic pro on hes mac. However, he cant open the files! It gives a weird beep sound and then logic goes unresponsive. At first I thought it had something to do with the fact that i have plugins and samples in my mac that he dosnt have. But then I tried sending a project file where i only added a audio and an instrument channel. This time it opened logic pro but it looked all weird and the title of the project was some weird letters and stuff.. It gave an error, ''operation could not be completed, no further information can be given about this'' (or something very similar)

Please help! Thank you!

Does your dad have the same version of Logic you have? Also, how are you sending the files over? Email sometimes does funny things to non-standard attachments, so it's usually a good idea to zip it up before sending. Probably a good idea anyway even if you're using Dropbox or similar. And finally (if any of this doesn't help) find out what the error is exactly, and if there's a numerical error code, so you can look it up.

Does your dad have the same version of Logic you have? Also, how are you sending the files over? Email sometimes does funny things to non-standard attachments, so it's usually a good idea to zip it up before sending. Probably a good idea anyway even if you're using Dropbox or similar. And finally (if any of this doesn't help) find out what the error is exactly, and if there's a numerical error code, so you can look it up.

Hey, thanks alot for the reply. He hadnt installed the newest update, but we got it working. I sent the files over facebook. At first i only sent the .logic file, and it didnt work, but when i made a zip file of the folder where the .logic file and the audio files were in, and sent it to him, he could open the .logic file from there without problems!

Back