Logic Pro Sample fade?

KB The Mastermind

Does anyone know why samples fade out when assigned to pads or keys? I chopped a sample, dragged it into the EXS sampler and now when I hit a pad, the sample plays, but fades out completely. Is there a reason for this? And how can I change it so it doesn't fade out?

Never mind, just figured it out. In the EXS edit screen, there are 3 options in the top left. (Legato, Poly and Mono) I was in Mono so samples faded. Once I clicked Poly, my problem was solved.

Well hopefully this comes in handy for another user at least.

Last edited:
It sounds like you figured out whatever you were having problems with, but, in case that only fixed it partially, I just felt like I should mention that i immediately jump to the possibility that the cutting off was because your ADSR settings (bottom right corner of the exs) are not where you need them for the specific sampling task. If you want the full sample to play back, and your adsr settings should hypothetically allow for the whole sample to play, but it still is not, go into the exs edit window and make sure you check the "one-shot" box. This ensures that the sample will play back in its entirety (according to your adsr settings...). Even if it wasn't the exact issue you were having, i hope it was useful to you, or someone else who stumbles across this.
Dan

Back