Logic Pro, Reason or Pro Tools?

UnkNowNGenius

Hello im totally new here so please bare with me :P, Just wondering which one is EASIEST to use and learn? Logic Pro 9, Reason or Pro Tools?

I've tried Logic Pro and Reason, for some reason I like Reason more, I dont know why maybe its easier to use?

I need to purchase one of those 3 but not sure which one I should pick, ALOT of people use Pro Tools but I've never tried it, its also the most expensive out of those 3. Whats the different between PT 10 and PT 10 HD?

Im not going to record anything because its going to be a studio at home and its just a normal room so I think its not the best place to record vocals.

Im also confused by this, there's a few versions of Logic Pro, express,studio etc whats the differences? The studio costs like 600£ and the normal one like 140£... i dont really get it.

Its a really big dilemma, I dont know what I answer I want from you guys, please motivate your answers below, thanks!.

Also: the program that got most free extra sounds/plug-ins I can download its a big plus.

If this helps too, Im going to make HipHop/RnB/House/Pop

Last edited:
I've got Logic pro 9 and Its great. Its more of how well you know each DAW. Because the one you know the best is the one you will end up using.

Out of those 3, Logic. I am a Cubase user as far as DAWS, but i use hardware for sequencing and sounds and just use Cubase to record the output although i have used it to sequence. I like Cubase, but the built in VSTs are okay, but i think Logic's are better. I prefer Cubase, but I would possibly need to purchase additional vsts.

Yeah dude i'd recommend buying VST's outside of the daw cause the if you just rely on the ones your provided with although it can sound awesome people will say oh that was definately made in logic or cubase or reason you know what i mean? but yeah just stick to what you like the best and most productive in.

thanks for the answers FP people, yeah thats what I mean (Replying to Fifth___)

thats why I want to know which software got most VST/plug-in you can take in... i guess Logic Pro 9? Is it even possible on the Reason?

Would appreciate if you could answer the other questions as well, thanks.

Just went through the which DAW dilemma after over a decade of believing only Pro Tools cut it. In the end, I spent $60 on Reaper and haven't looked back. 30 day full functioning free no BS trial with licensing cheap as chips.
Easy to use, great support community. Manual could do with being a little easier on the first timers but all in all, Reaper kicks ass. You can even put it on a stick and slap it into anything with a USB port, running it from the stick.
Oh and lots of free plugins.

Last edited:
If you ask 50 different people about 3 different programs you will 100 different answers. That said try them all and see what works for you. I love Reason but I also use Sonar. I also like Live. Many swear by Reaper (free), Fruity Loops, Cubase and a few other programs. I even hear a lot of people love studio one. I honestly never gave S1 a real assessment though. Try em all they all have demos. And I don't think spending 10gs on a Pro Tools HD rig is a good idea but that's the biggest difference between regular Pro Tools and ProTools HD give or take the feature sets.

okay, if i ask this way instead, are there ENOUGH of free tutorials on all of these programs? (i can barely find any pro tools tutorial on utube)

I think im going to stick with Logic Pro 9 tho, just wanted to know more about pro tools, cant find many vids of it.

PT HD supports 256 input tracks. You don't need that, it's for big studios. Anyways, I would get Live. It's expensive but worth every single penny. the learning curve is thick but totaly worth it. I fin it incredibly hard to create in Reason. I use logic for my mastering but nothing else.

^
Do you mean Ableton Live? Actually never heard of that before I started on these forums.

Thats the only diffrence between PT HD and normal PT?

okay, if i ask this way instead, are there ENOUGH of free tutorials on all of these programs? (i can barely find any pro tools tutorial on utube)

I think im going to stick with Logic Pro 9 tho, just wanted to know more about pro tools, cant find many vids of it.
There are tons of tutorials for every DAW on Youtube you just might not be using the right search words.
PT HD supports 256 input tracks. You don't need that, it's for big studios. Anyways, I would get Live. It's expensive but worth every single penny. the learning curve is thick but totaly worth it. I fin it incredibly hard to create in Reason. I use logic for my mastering but nothing else.
Honestly I don't think Live is that expensive. Plus there are all kinds of ways of getting live for really cheap. Example I downloaded Live Lite 8 years ago and get offered cheap updates all the time. Bought an Akai midi controller that came with a coupon and I just stack them on my account. I could get Live for $280 today. I don't think that's bad at all.
^
Do you mean Ableton Live? Actually never heard of that before I started on these forums.

Thats the only diffrence between PT HD and normal PT?

Live is a standard more so in electronic music. Most hip hop dudes do not use it for some reason. Great program though. Also I would keep in mind that Pro Tools HD is the normal Pro Tools. They just cut out features and made a smaller version for people at home. Pro Tools for home studios imo is overrated. They watered the software down terribly but then charge you the same amount as other companies flag ship programs. Their updates are expensive compared to other programs. And I just honestly think there is a lot better out there as far as features go than Pro Tools for home studios.

Can't go wrong with Pro Tools...preferably Pro Tools 9

Do people use Pro Tools with NO other programs? Cuz I've read people only use Pro tools + something else.

Yes, I did for the longest, for the most part I still do when I'm doing anything other than EDM. Fell in love with Ableton for electronic stuff mainly b/c of clips.

Back