Live DJin'g DAW's

DariousBlount

Which Live DJin'g DAW's can you list for me? The only ones I know of are Ableton Live and Maschine. Those are the only two that I can think of. I'm not calling Traktor a DAW because it doesn't have midi notes or instruments.

I'm looking for something like Ableton Live, but with 64 bit support and bezier curve automation. The DAW must support midi file importation, as Maschine does not. Ableton live fits all of my needs besides bezier curve automation.

I don't own a mac, so I've never "played" logic. Does logic have some sort of clip launching mechanism? Or is it all just timeline stuff?

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

The other option for me would involve importing .mid files to a hardware device, drawing midi cc loops on the hardware device. Once I have the Midi Note loops and the Midi CC loops running on the hardware device, I would tell each peice in Maschine to accept midi from said port, and learn each knob to each midi cc port somehow.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I've never found a piece of hardware that did Midi CC loops.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Basically, are there any hardware sequencers which can import .mid files?

Last edited:
ableton live 8 + serato = "the bridge" best performance DAW you could use with turntables and a mixer

i will also go with the Ableton

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Last edited:
Back