Learning to produce a style of dance music?

KILIK

Well hello everyone im a 19 year old aspiring producer and instead of giving some i guess full fledge story of my life haha. lets just say i've always been into music and how its been made and how it all flows together, i know music theory and such from my band kid days. im just not sure why i'm having a hard time making music with fl studio, i know its not something you can just pick up and it takes time and experience, i'm nothing but willing to put in the work but does anyone know of any tutorials breaking down the production of dance music? whether i make it big or not, any help trust me would be highly appreciated. I'm even trying to start school soon for the purpose of business/music production, of course you dont need the schooling to get good but the knowledge i feel would be worth it in the career i wish to pursue. i use as mentioned FL Studio and have some sounds and even have Massive and Nexus at my disposal. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Welcome to FP, Kilik.

There are dance music and sound design tutorials for FL Studio and other programs all over the Web; search YouTube to start.

Where are you located? Where are you looking to go to school? There are some good sound/music/production programs out there.

I'm just thinking off-the-cuff here, but since you started out as a hands-on musician playing a real band instrument, is it possible that you don't know where to start with FP because you don't have much to do but stare at a computer screen? (I know I'm making several assumptions here)... Would having some real instruments (even something as simple as a keyboard controller with keys and pads) inspire you more? Just a thought.

GJ

Welcome to FP, Kilik.

There are dance music and sound design tutorials for FL Studio and other programs all over the Web; search YouTube to start.

Where are you located? Where are you looking to go to school? There are some good sound/music/production programs out there.

I'm just thinking off-the-cuff here, but since you started out as a hands-on musician playing a real band instrument, is it possible that you don't know where to start with FP because you don't have much to do but stare at a computer screen? (I know I'm making several assumptions here)... Would having some real instruments (even something as simple as a keyboard controller with keys and pads) inspire you more? Just a thought.

GJ

right now, im stationed in pensacola FL so i dont think there is much around me unless i do things online, i have looked at full sail and some other art institutes as well. also i should have mentioned i got myself a little mini keyboard with a few pads on. i have looked around youtube but im not sure if those are really any help or its just me lol. But im not stopping.

Check out the Gulf Coast School of Music.

"Stationed?" Are you in the Navy, or Coast Guard?

GJ

Well, so, The Navy :-)rolleyes:)...

I was an Army Band musician. In all seriousness, jarhead, thank you for your service. My brother-in-law, father-in-law, and "uncle-in-law" were all Marines.

GJ

Well this will be summed up into 5 things then:
Learning EDM.
Making a bunch of beats.
Learning the tools in a daw and functions in a daw.
Making beats is not band practice. Making beats is commonly associated with computers or hardware that is standalone in nature E.G. mpcs or hardware romplers and such.

Never did band so...can't help ya there but there is a bunch of links on the internet for everything else.

Back