Lauryn Hill and Jeru the Damaja Build.... Why did we stop doing this again...??

Spaceman_Ant

I just wanted to share this with my FP family...

What happened to building with one another, group discussions on social topics...
Hell even social commentary in the form of F_ck it...
U can watch if u'd like...

I wish they would have let her finish....
Do you think artist of today would be able to do this...??
edit for vid

Last edited:

Man, that is racist. We shouldn't tolerate this kind of nonsense anymore. Why can't entertainers just sing their little songs, make their money, and hush up about social issues?

Im sure ur jokin about it being racist...
-if not what about it is...??

I dropped the video b/c i feel as tho they should speak on social issues....
We look at artist as some untouchable idol who we love to listen to...
- Just as long as they dont talk about things that affect us...
So by your logic they should just talk about sex money drugs... am i missing anything else...??

I mean... when doctors go home do they not talk to wifey about the news...
-these r people who save lives...
Do lawyers no get a drink after work and discuss sports
Do musicians just play music... is that all your good for is plucking f_ckin instruments...
So we should just be mindless mumbling one dimensional slaves for our jobs...
not talk think or believe... or am i assuming to much out of what you wrote...??
- I was ready to assume on your character but thats not whats needed....
Why have a voice n brain if not to build to solve whatever issues are plaguing us... whether it be mentality or physically...

Last edited:
I just wanted to share this with my FP family...

What happened to building with one another, group discussions on social topics...
Hell even social commentary in the form of F_ck it...
U can watch if u'd like...

I wish they would have let her finish....
Do you think artist of today would be able to do this...??
edit for vid

I uderstand both points of view. Unfortunately racism is complex and there is not just one blanket statement that addresses all of its issues. It would take years and require involvement of many different entities, individuals both Black and white, Civic leaders, Politicians, Executives from fortune 500 companies etc.. Racism and oppression is embedded in the DNA of the fabric of our government. Blacks weren't even recognized as citizens in the Constitution,we were viewed as property. Our government legalized Slavery then created laws like Jim Crow to segregate us after Slavery was abolished. The Prison Industrial System, America's war on Drugs, a corrupt justice system that gives Blacks disprorportionate sentences are all racist tactics still being employed today by our gov't. To understand racism in its full context, one must study the past. I truly doubt corporations will ever present a platform for social rappers to speak again but that's the beauty of the internet. It can still be done independently. The bigger issue is these intelligent social rappers still need an income just like everyone else so if they're squeezed financially and denied economic opportunities, they'll eventually wither away and focus on more immediate issues like their immediate family and bills. Take Lauren hill for example, she's so wounded from life's experiences particularly a broken heart, all she can focus on these days is keeping it together mentally so she can raise her kids and be a productive mom. It takes a different type of artist to do this today. an inteiilgent artist with a purpose and agenda different than making money and sleeping with groupies. The artist may need a day job too.

Last edited:
You hit it right on the head....
And im sure the corps wont "give" a platform... but like u said the interwebs are a wonderful place...
I listen to the writersbench every other week or so ( bout n hr long)... i like what they set up...
- they ppl who love the game n just give opinions and facts on topics at hand...

I would wish that someone like swizz or lets say jay elc could take the time out to just hold 1 forum...
this would show the youth... talking works wonders... (brings minds together)
To be able to have a floor to speak on whatever it is u see fit...

I didnt want to post this as a racial thing.... But with whats n the news it fits with whats going on n my goal at hand...
-just to start a discussion... Something that missing from Hip-Hop

Like u said u cant swallow if ur being strangled...
but damn.... guess its just a dream... Unless dun dun duhhhh...lls Future Producers

I really wrote this just to see what the community thought about artist speaking on issues...

Back