Latency-free midi-recording with e-drums

Trevis

Hi guys!. Correct me if I'm wrong about the post or anything. It does have everything to do with recording though.

I'm using ableton live 8 and an external sound card (line 6's Toneport UX2). The audio driver i use is Asio4all (to reduce latency from my built-in sound card (I seriously recommend this to users using their built-in sound card), because it offers a slightly more stable use, and slightly less latency than the toneport. When I need to record guitars, vocals or bass I use the Toneport UX2. To do this I have to switch audio driver in live 8 from the asio4all to the toneport. This is impractical at times. Is there a way to simply use the external sound card (toneport), where all the audio recording is done, simply as an input to audio tracks in live 8, or do I actually have to switch the entire sound drive live 8 uses. So far I'm forced to change my headphones/monitors every time. I might be missing something simple, but I haven't found a quick-fix so far.

Hopefully I've made myself somewhat clear. I want to be able to record from an external sound card without changing driver live 8 works with. I reckon it should be possible, as the sound card uses it's own software and works on it's own, even though I use another driver I live 8. If I want live 8 to be able to record, I have to change the driver. I'll be thankful for any help!

Edit: I totally messed up the title. Ehh, well. I'll throw that in as well. I'm looking for simple ways to record midi with low latency. Would this just be a midi-port, that i connect to my computer with USB?
This became long. Sorry for that, but thanks for any response :)

Last edited:
Should be able to use tone port.

Not familiar with toneport or live, but anyother DAW & Interface works like that. As advanced as Live is, I'm sure it's capable without all the switching.

Back