Laptop under $1000 good for multitasking.

GatsbyRaps

I need a laptop for music production, video editing, graphics and school.
I know that shit sounds like a handful but shit I know it's a laptop out there.
Could ya'll hook me up?

I think I can't help you at all,
but I know that you have lot of choices;Under $1000 you can buy a very good laptop. However I think it's better to have a laptop intended only to produce.
Sorry If I don't help you in your choice.

there are plenty of decent 400 dollar machines out there with multiple cores from amd and intel that run applications well.
back in 2008 though, it was a whole different story.

Gatsbyraps,

As long as you get something with at least a i5 Processor, 500GB Hard-Drive, and 6GB DDR3+ Ram, you should be good. I suggest a i7, look for Sales. I'm not sure where you are from but around Toronto, ON you can get one what you're looking for within the price range!

Goodluck on your search,
ILLIMINATE Beats!

If I were you I would ask on a computerforum.

In my opinion though, I believe you would need a computer with a lot of RAM for rendering (much more than needed for standard music production) if you'll work with video/graphics, and sadly I don't believe it lies under the $1000-line, if you want it to run steady. Though I don't live in the US so hopefully computers are cheaper there.

I bought a HP Envy 15 quad edition for a good deal. I upgraded it to a 2 GB GT 740 before it was sent to me. and its a 3.4 I-4770. stock it sells for 650 right now. I think its the best deal out there. Deals2buy.com has good whereabouts too.

Honestly if you're serious about making music then dont settle for a 500$ laptop. I have an Hp Envy with 8gb ram, 1TB hard drive and an AMD A10 processor. After making music for a decent amount of time i can barely play my flp due to overruns, even with Asio4all. I dont know if its just that HP sucks or if its all of the third party plugins.. I would do my research a little more to get the best bang for your buck because right now im a broke student looking for a new laptop. I would probably consider getting a mac if i was you.. You could split your hard drive up and run bootcamp. They seem to be the best for music making/video editing.

I use a Sony Vaio laptop. Haven't had any issues with it, and it also comes with Sony software so I guess it's good for music production (though the software that comes with it isn't that great).

You can get a good one for around $1000, just don't bother with touch screens. It costs more, and you - well I - rarely use it with a laptop so it's not necessary.

I use it for school and music production.

AMD processors. are MAC and don't multi task well. IMO

MY HP ENVY Jt 100 Quad edition starts at 650 and has these specs.

3.4 ghz I-4770 quad core
8 GB RAM in only 1 DIMM which is great for upgrade
pretty big screen too.

Except for some 3000 dollar suoped up custom laptop build that about one of the fastest computers out there anyways. ON a laptop atleast.

Last edited:
I use an ALW 14 with an I7 and 8 gigs of ram. Its a gaming laptop, but it handles anything the DAW throws at it. They are $1100...100 more than your budget but they come with cool changing lights and shit haha.

Back