Laptop for Ableton and Serato

TakisMastro

Hey guys, first post, I am looking for some advice regarding which laptop to buy for use with Ableton and also with Serato. My budget isnt that high, up to £400 maybe. My projects in Ableton dont necessarily ever get HUGE but I want the ability to be running several vst synths and effects plugins, triggering samples, and doing a moderate amount of automation at the same time if need be.

I have found 2 laptops in my price range, both have 8GB RAM and are identical except for the processors.

Lenovo G50-70 - Intel i5-4200U dual core £375ish

Lenovo G505 - AMD A10-5750M quad core £340ish

Both have 1TB hard drives, only at 5200rpm but im open to buying a faster/flash external drive later on if I start doing loaaaads of sample based stuff.

Looking at comparisons of the two processors the AMD seems to be faster when using multiple cores but I still see people championing the Intel processors above equivalent AMD ones. What do you guys think?

Also if you have any other recommendations in this price range then feel free to share :)

Thanks

Intel Core i5 4200M vs AMD A10 5750M

Intels hyperthreading technology wins hands down.

I've just bought a desktop AMD system with 8 cores, and this still isn't on par with most of intels quad 4th generation chipsets or even some of the 3rd for that matter. My laptop is also AMD, If I had the funds I'd have gotten an intel. Much more reliable in my experience and don't act up as often. If the price jump isn't too much, I'd recommend the intel.

Last edited:
I have an HP Envy Quad (core) edition with 8gb RAM I-4770 3.4ghz

It sells for about 600 US. Quadcore is necasary for good latency ona decent mix I believe.

Deals2buy.com shows all the good deals.

Last edited:
Back