korg M3 Help

kasonquarles

hi guys, im having a little trouble working the M3. I jus started messing around with it like a week ago. I know how to make a track loop. But if i wanted to copy and paste a measure or sumthing of that sort, how do i do it. And if you guys have any other tips to give me that will make editing a little easier, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ya know, honestly...I bought the M3 awhile ago and I don't even use it much anymore. I didn't think the day would come that I wouldn't use my board...but at the rate at which these DAWs have improved, I doubt many people use hardware sound modules anymore. I would love to explain to you how to use the M3...but the best advice I can give you is to invest in a DAW and use your M3 as a midi controller with them.

Ya know, honestly...I bought the M3 awhile ago and I don't even use it much anymore. I didn't think the day would come that I wouldn't use my board...but at the rate at which these DAWs have improved, I doubt many people use hardware sound modules anymore. I would love to explain to you how to use the M3...but the best advice I can give you is to invest in a DAW and use your M3 as a midi controller with them.

Horrible advice. Better advice would be to pull out the manual, and if that doesn't solve the issue, try the Korg forums.

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/M3_OpG_E_633652958406340000.pdf

To the OP, go to that link and enter "copy" into the PDF. Around pg 78 or so they start talking about copying tracks, songs, measures, etc.

Horrible advice. Better advice would be to pull out the manual, and if that doesn't solve the issue, try the Korg forums.

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/M3_OpG_E_633652958406340000.pdf

To the OP, go to that link and enter "copy" into the PDF. Around pg 78 or so they start talking about copying tracks, songs, measures, etc.

It's not bad advice...it just takes a bit longer to copy tracks, songs, measures in the M3 versus in a DAW...I'm speaking from experience...I have seen my use of the M3 diminish drastically since I bought it...it seems Korg has given up on it also...but good luck!

It's not bad advice...it just takes a bit longer to copy tracks, songs, measures in the M3 versus in a DAW...I'm speaking from experience...I have seen my use of the M3 diminish drastically since I bought it...it seems Korg has given up on it also...but good luck!

This isn't a hardware versus software thread. The OP wants to know how to perform a function. It is possible with his gear. Software may or may not be faster for the OP, but they don't need to use a $2,000 keyboard as a midi controller just cause a DAW may be faster. If that is the case, they would be better or selling the board and getting a midi controller and pocketing the difference, or using it to buy more software.

Learn your gear, not just sell it.

This isn't a hardware versus software thread. The OP wants to know how to perform a function. It is possible with his gear. Software may or may not be faster for the OP, but they don't need to use a $2,000 keyboard as a midi controller just cause a DAW may be faster. If that is the case, they would be better or selling the board and getting a midi controller and pocketing the difference, or using it to buy more software.

Learn your gear, not just sell it.

Or even better. Eventually, the OP will ask how to export his track to a CD. Guess what..he won't be able to on the M3 without getting some software on the computer! OP, I'm not giving you bad advice...if you want to learn how to use the M3, hit up Youtube and read the manual...I am trying to save you valuable time! The best advise honestly would be to just sell it...pocket the money and get a DAW!

Oh Lord:p

To each their own. If the OP wanted to do everything on board they should have got a board with a CD burner built in.

Oh Lord:p

To each their own. If the OP wanted to do everything on board they should have got a board with a CD burner built in.

You understand me now? That's why I said Korg gave up. I bought it because it can be used as a VST in a DAW! LOL!!!!

I don't think korg gave up, they are just bridging the gap

Back