.: KID A :.

N

nook

wooohoooooo....I just bought the last Radiohead...and yeah it's really a great great great one !

I used to be a big fan of their past stuff, and I'm also a big fan of warp artists (autechre, boards of canada,...).

and this album of Radiohead, it's just the perfect mix of these two styles !

No, rock is not dead !!!! :D

PPPPPPPEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEECCCCCCTTTTTTT !!!!!!

I love Radiohead, but I don't really know Autrehe and Aphix twin (spelled wrong ?)
I understand what Kid A spounds like them a bit ?

Aphex Twin has tons of fans I think...
I know a lot of my punkrock friends are into Aphex Twin so I guess their style is a bit universal. I only saw one videoclip and it was interesting.

I know, he's popular in Europe.
But still underground in USA.
His videos are trippy and his record sleeves rule.
Now if I just can get rid of his face on those sleeves...

I don't like much Aphex Twin but I adore Autechre ! ;)

I'm still listening a lot to Kid A since I bought it... wonderful !

I love kid a, and radiohead r gr8. I had to stop listning to the bends, as it made me really depressed every time i listned to it!

I know OK Computer is hailed as the best album by them, but I still think the Bends is their best album.
But I love all their albums and they are one of the few bands, where I just buy the album without hearing it first.

Hmmmm, i did love OK computer but it must have been the most overrated album of all time... and aphex Twin's covers are wicked! whadaguy!

man, ok computer was NOT overrated.. the fact is it was the best album released in the 90's..
it broke the boundaries of british music, radioheads own ' style ' and created a great new sound and melody... no one expected them to release an album of that quality....

andguess what?
the aphex twins are f*cked up
i hate those cu*nts

Yep, The Bends and Kid A are both better than OK Computer.

IMO.

Have you heard Pyramid Song from their last album...it's so good ! I can't wait to buy the full album. :)

OK computer was a very good album too...lots of amazing tracks on it...especially track 11, if I remember well, "lucky", one of the best songs I've ever heard.

I feel that that the directions Radiohead has taken with Kid A and to be released Amnesiac (I heard it last week, totally different from Kid A) are what music needs right now. I'm sick of the rap-metal hybrid that's so popular and just as grunge killed hair bands for the most part, I'm hoping that Radiohead will kill Limp Bizkit. Career wise anyway, I don't actually want anyone killed, ya know. later

There is brilliance sprinkled throughout all their CDs.
For me the brilliance comes from someone who is willing to be honest and follow their own voice. I think its hard to be despair incarnate and have the guts to continually express your true feelings of hopeleness in a world that insists you ingore and be happy. From "I'm a creep" to "Fake Plastic Trees" then to OK Computer which seems to be the crest of the hill where he realized that it was from then on going to be his own music really his own, I realized that he would continue to grow as an artist and probably produce better and better music maybe througout his lifetime. I think its really interesting how few bands can maintain that kind of integrity. Why is it that everything I hear of theirs kinda seeps in or grows on you like a fungus???? I personally think its that kind of feeling you get that the person you are listening to is singing from the inside out and his motivation come from some other place deep within, that he'd rather starve than play another note that doesn't come from there....

I don't care which CD is better and don't understand what difference is makes. I've listened to OK more than any other but I'm continually amazed to go back and hear something a little different from the earlier one's every time....

Nice post Killmaster !

I think those guys are real artists, got a pure passion for music. They always try to improve their works with new directions, new sound approach...they could use the same tips which brought them to success, but no, they're artists and seem to be more interested by music composition rather than being rock stars. Respect for that !

I've read in an interview that thom Yorke really don't care about using only guitars or going in a total electronic scheme...The only thing important for him is composition.

I really like this manner of thinking. It shows that music genres have to be broken. Rock is not better than electronica, it's just a question of music.

I love those guys !! :)

hmm, well, ok computer was great, i think i prefer it to the bends, but yes they all have their plus sides. a little bit of brilliance sprinkled throughout. i am hearing the electronic thing creeping into more and more mainstream music, (sometimes terribly) at the moment no one has done it better than autechre, apehx twin or eno. in my humble opinion, although i do really like plaid and two lone swordsmen.
still, i am glad that radiohead have gone the way they have gone, they are doing something really good, their new album is pretty cool too. the last track is fantastic. radiohead will always grab my attention, and they are maybe making a few people think twice before slamming electronica.

im tired, i hope i made sense. :)

IMO, KID A is by far the saddest effort from the band.
i mean the synth were cool and experimental, and it lacked so much soul(in the music) that radiohead sounded like they were tryin to be experimental and different just for the sake of doing so.

perhaps that would explain why radiohead will be coming out with a new album soon?? maybe parlophone has something to do with all this.

peace,
salt

Back