Kanye West is Overrated?

Is Kanye Overrated?

• Yes, where he is now, he is overrated.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Yes, but he's got charisma.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • No, he makes really good music! I love his music!

Votes: 31 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

illapino

I've never been a big fan of Kanye West. I was into the mafioso rap that was prevalent in the mid to late nineties, so when this guy switched from beats to rapping, to this day I'm like "what the **** is this guy even talking about?" ... I couldn't say that he was a positive rapper. To me, he just babbles and babbles on and on and on ... Lyricism? I think his word play and how he plays with words is just flat out annoying.

He has made good beats, and made some epic samples. But come on. Look at where his career has gone. He's hailed as the greatest hip-hop artist ever to live amongst most of today's music collectors.

What do you guys really think about Kanye the artist? Is he a musical genius? Or do you like him just coz everyone else does? Or are you now impressed that he now only sings? Do you love Kanye the R&B singer?

:monkey:

as far as producing i dnt find him overrated. in rappin his 1st 2 albums were great, the first bein classic but his rappin started to get lazzy. I hear his rappin is gttn better ex. "Put On". he jus need 2 stop singin so we can hear him rap again

Http://whoismikeblud.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Kanye is a genius. And I rarely use that word.

This new album is just something he wanted to express. Now that he has gotten that off his chest. I'm sure he'll be back to his best.

Him and Just blaze are the only reason I can never hate on sampled beats.

Overrated by a long shot ... I'll never consider him a rapper
he's just kanye west good producer wanna be rapper since day one.

[FP Advertisement]

camanywherepicbu3.jpg

Cambatta Ft S.A.S & Tom Gist - "Anywhere"

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20273&d=1227078979
[Prod By DJ Nice]

Last edited:
I leave him alone. He's not made anything that I ever dug, and with that track record in my mind, he's easy to ignore. Popularity holds no merit with me.

another kanyeezer thread. i think he's both overrated and underrated. he really is one of those artists people love or hate. i think he's great at what he does.

I believe the most overrated artist in hip-hop right now is Lil Wayne. I'm a big Wayne fan & he's a dope artist but he aint as good as people hype him up 2 be.

he is a nice producer. its like anyone that doesn't fit our style is overrated, so..... whats the point imo

Last edited:
Like him as a producer, can't stand him when he opens his mouth. There is nothing about his lyrical ablilities that I enjoy, he raps like a whining snot nosed kid who try's to spit like he is smarter than he really is. Take Flashing Lights for example, in my opinion he ruined that song once he laid down his vocals..... Put a decent mc in his place and the song becomes 10x better.....JMO

I think Kanye is a better artist than what people give him credit for. What I like most about Kanye is how he's able to rap about everyday life in a way that a lot of people can connect with. I haven't heard too many songs that I like more than Family Business, Roses, or Spaceship because of the honest approach. A lot of rappers make songs that are supposed to be introspective but they lack sincerity.

Kanye might not use words with 50 million syllables but when he has a point that he wants to get across he can execute. I actually think he's underrated as a rapper but over publicized overall...

Last edited:
All I see is a man that wants to make music. People Music is Music. I love music from the past just like everybody, but come on music changes like everything else in this world. But as soon as somebody express their feelings, there wack?

Ant McQueen said:
I think Kanye is a better artist than what people give him credit for. What I like most about Kanye is how he's able to rap about everyday life in a way that a lot of people can connect with. I haven't heard too many songs that I like more than Family Business, Roses, or Spaceship because of the honest approach. A lot of rappers make songs that are supposed to be introspective but they lack sincerity.

Kanye might not use words with 50 million syllables but when he has a point that he wants to get across he can execute. I actually think he's underrated as a rapper but over publicized overall...

pretty much agree with that........

although Im deeply disappointed in this current Kanye..... The old Kanye. Especially College Dropout was dope......

I expect different things from different artists....Some artists i want pure lyrics. But with kanye i expect the overall package that he can deliver better then most

Kanye's beats are too universal. Too all-encompassing.

When you hear a Dr Dre beat, you know it's Dr Dre. When you hear something futuristic but musically correct, it's Timbo. But with Kanye, I find him to be too "multicultural". His sound is "all over the place". And that's what I refer to as "sloppy". Although he's made some brilliant beats, he's become a trademark without sticking to a trademark. This is why I've never thought of him as a favorite in any regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back