Kanye Calling 40 Out

I think what I was trying to say is that sampling was sampling and it's a whole sub genre so while Kanye can be held in contempt for doing a sound that others were doing, the difference is that many others were sampling and doing that "early kanye" sound. At some point almost all hip hop was sampled songs when those trends were in.

On the other hand, the 808s&H sound was only done mainstreamly by Kanye and Drake and within a successive timeframe so Kanye was able directly point to it and say hey... That's my sound I just introduced to hip hop masses last year.

As opposed to "hey! Kanye, you stole sampling from so-so!

Kanye shrug "well everyone is doing it!?"

Last edited:
Kanye has admitted he got his samples with the vocals in them style from RZA(After the Laughter, For Heavens Sake, Motherless Child, ect)He said he loved the way the original artist's soul was captured in RZA beats.

If I gave a f**k I'd try to track down the interview, but this was years ago, like college dropout days. He's too self-centered to say something like that these days.

all of the lights all of the lights..im still trynna figure out why theres 11 artists on that song

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao but i recall in kanye's college drop out he admited to bitn some of dres drums of for one of jays songs

True indeed

kanye took dre "Explosive" drums because he said that his drums was not hitting hard enough

Its not a bad thing to sample

hip hop at the core is based on sampling

what make this situation not cool is because kayne is too big headed!
like i said earlier imaging how many more fans he would have if he was a humble guy

Kanye has admitted he got his samples with the vocals in them style from RZA(After the Laughter, For Heavens Sake, Motherless Child, ect)He said he loved the way the original artist's soul was captured in RZA beats.

If I gave a f**k I'd try to track down the interview, but this was years ago, like college dropout days. He's too self-centered to say something like that these days.

I was about to say the exact same point. Kanye is my influence and I respect his art. But he's a real ******* if really said that. Because 40 is to 'Ye what 'Ye is to Rza or No ID.

People have been making a point of the fact he samples but the more accurate point to be made is how he's sampled. Its very obvious to anyone who's followed his career who's he's been influenced by so for him to back hand 40 is terrible. In fact I would say 40 has taken far less from Ye then Ye took from No ID because as a percentage that 808"s and heartbreak sound is a small slice of Kanye's career but all that sampling has been Ye's foundation and more importantly how he samples.

I would even take it a step further and say 40 took inspiration and then preceded to surpass Ye in that particular sound. He does it far better then him and he's developed certain signature techniques that others have started using more often (think Mike Will filtering mid song). While at the same time No ID, I think, is still more original and far better in the sampling field.

The most annoying thing is though that Kanye is FAMOUS and well known for flying in the hot new producer whether he be 18 or 45 and 'learning' his techniques, from learning how Lex Luger or Mike Will do drum patterns to having Mike Dean Q-Tip in the studio with you constantly..... Its also been well documented that his raps have been 'influenced' by artists like Consequence, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and most obviously Rhymefest.

Its sad to see his ego this outta control. Nevertheless I will probably buy whatever new album comes out....lol

kanye...lol....dude is MFer. He's got the dopest ideas in hip-hop....i wish i could sample like him....he's takin all the good samples...lol

Back