Justin Timberlake's 20/20 may go Platinum in 1st week

DevonBakerMusic

He may be the 19th artist to do this since Nielsen started tracking back in 1991.

SPIN | Music News, Album Reviews, Concert Photos, MP3s, Videos and More

There has only been 31 instances where an artist/band albums sold 850,000+ in their first week since Nielsen started tracking in 1991. Those albums are:

In the late '00s and into the '10s, enormous sales weeks became less frequent, as more people opted to stream albums or purchase digital tracks. Thus, since 2005, there have just been eight weeks where an album did 850,000-plus. All seven of them did so in their debut frames: 50 Cent's "The Massacre" (1.14 million; March 19, 2005), Kanye West's "Late Registration" (860,000; Sept. 17, 2005), West's "Graduation" (957,000; Sept. 29, 2007), Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" (1.01 million; June 28, 2008), Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" (1.05 million; Nov. 13, 2010), Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" (1.11 million, June 11, 2011), Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" (964,000; Sept. 17, 2011) and Swift's "Red" (1.21 million; Nov. 10, 2012

Ironically:

The all-time best-selling week was when Timberlake's former group, 'N Sync, saw its "No Strings Attached" album debut with 2.42 million at No. 1 on the April 8, 2000 Billboard 200 chart.

Last edited:
Gratz to Justin......come out of hibernation, smack folk in the mouth with numbers, return to hibernation......

Gratz to Justin......come out of hibernation, smack folk in the mouth with numbers, return to hibernation......

Dude is dropping part 2 of the 20/20 Experience in November.

Timberlake is not playing this year.

Hope this is evidence enough that locking down your project to absolute secrecy doesn't mean NO sales. You can get sales if you give a legit outlet to test the album first

A lot of people were just like me. Wasn't studdin this album. Bored checkin out music. And wasn't expecting to hear what I heard. It's a shock factor for me. Like damn......this the type of music "I" like right hear.........ole Prince mixed with Kenny Loggins face ass. Ole..."I'mma show yall black ass what kind of music yall suppose to be doing...yes me...Justin...going to show you a frew tang!"

All jokes aside......I'm fiendin for that Missy album now.

Back