just starting out

ell.s.j

hi all,

just starting out at looking to buy my first set of decks,have been using virtual dj on my laptop,just would like some information on buying some decks for the first time..i would like to work them with my laptop and discs..was looking at pioneer..any information or feedback would be grately recieved..cheers the newbie

Perhaps better putting this over in the Dj Section, im sure some of the people over their would help out !!

I'm just learning myself. I looked at the Pioneer range at BPM recently. The cheapest is the new WeGO. I'm learning on Pioneer CDJ1000s, which I have access to, but they are expensive. I'm blogging the learning process on my site and reviewing gear and software. Gonna be running a competition soon in conjunction with Mixed In Key.

I started out about a year ago using my laptop. First usb controller I bought was absolutely shit... The numark DJ2GO or something.. whatever you do.. dont buy that. I then bought a Numark OMNI Control and that served me well for a while, was great to learn with. I've just ordered a numark N4 Controller and I can't wait to get torn in about that!

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

The Omni control is only about £100 or so but if your serious about it then I'd say to skip that and go for the N4 or something!

If I were you, I'd look into a pair of CDJ 850's. They have full HID support, so you wont need control discs, USB port, CD drive, rekordbox support. The auto beat loops are super cool too!

Back