Just got robbed.... $700 cash

S

Sarajevo

I just bought a MPC from ebay, person has rating of 99.9 with 1179 feedbacks. I paid $700 for the 2000 with zip drive. I also paid for the priority mail (usps) which should of arrived in 2-3 days. Its been 8 days and no mpc. I called my post office, they recieved nothing, ebay person claims that they sent it.
PROBLEM: i didnt get insurance or tracking, i know im a idiot, but with ups you always get the tracking #, i never recieved anything over usps. Now the person that sent it to me doesnt have anything but the reciept, and i have nothing at all.

Does anybody have any suggestions what could be done??? Did anybody go through this??? Is there any way to track my package over usps????? This is like my friggin life savings :( .
thanks

not much help bro... hehe,
anybody know if usps investigations turn up anything???

Hopefully its on its way. if you don't get it it should be insured, please tell me you used paypal. they cover purchases though not sure of the ceiling amount. This guy needed to have got a tracking number or you could get it and say you didn't or maybe it could get delivered to a wrong place and need to be tracked, I don't even know if you could ship a large package without tracking, look into that to see if he's lying. There is a way to get his contact info, phone and address if you need it.

yes i used paypal, but no tracking whatsoever, and no insurance. The person is cooperating with me, they just filled out a investigation, bla bla bla (while im out of my mpc and money :( )

dam that sucks. everyone i know is like "ebays great, you wont get ripped off" i know many people have and you just proved me right, although i wish i was wrong. im sure there must be a way to prove it. hope the best works out man.

If you bought it through paypal then tell them the item never came... The seller will have to provide a tracking number or else your money will be refunded... If he provides a tracking number you can find out what happened, maybe someone swiped it from your front door. If he doesn't provide a tracking number you get your cash back and it's all good... I've used ebay 1,000 times and never had a problem that didn't get fixed. Just make sure to contact paypal cuz if you do nothing you'll get nothing.

have him fax you his mailing reciept it should have a number on it there is always some way to track mail! when you find the number on the reciept then go to the usps website and enter the number and see what you come up with if not then. call usps and find out what route your package would have taken to get to you and then track it like that call every spot it could have gone!

UPS investigations are actually pretty good. A guy shipped me something UPS, tracking number and all said that it got to my house. But there was no sign of it anywhere. He filed an investigation... UPS gave him his money back...and he gave me my money back...

And just file a PayPal complaint... $700? that means the guy had to send it w/ signature confirmation also...

Just file a complaint with Ebay and Paypal you should get your money back plus get the sellers accounts suspended. That's what I did...

yea i complained, paypal said that they are waiting for USPS investigation to turn up, and i guess they have suspended the persons account. i dono if paypal will cover $700 though.

Sarajevo said:
yea i complained, paypal said that they are waiting for USPS investigation to turn up, and i guess they have suspended the persons account. i dono if paypal will cover $700 though.

thats good. hopefully it would come up.

Maybe he lied and has been lazy and hasnt sent it out on time.

Ebay aint secure, your buying it off a private seller. I had a friend that a bought a PS2 when they first came out. It had games, two controllers, and a memory card with it. He paid 300 for it and all he got back was a picture of the PS2. That was fucced. I know this aint making you feel better but just a little incident that occurred so people should relize that it happens. But i do hope you get your ****.

ONE

paypal will give up to $1000 to users on ebay who used paypal to purchase an item and hasn't recieved the item or recieved an item that is nothing like what is described...so...your man could have got his money back most likely if he didn't get the ps2 like the description said

KrushaL SuLtaN said:
Ebay aint secure, your buying it off a private seller. I had a friend that a bought a PS2 when they first came out. It had games, two controllers, and a memory card with it. He paid 300 for it and all he got back was a picture of the PS2. That was fucced. I know this aint making you feel better but just a little incident that occurred so people should relize that it happens. But i do hope you get your ****.

ONE

he got a picture of a ps2? ahahhahaha. wat did he do? did he get his money back? how can people do that and not get in trouble, makes no sence to me.

Back