Just got an ASR-X i got a couple of important questions.

Michael Timex

First post woo-hoo....who got the beer?

Originally i started out on the EPS16+ midi'd to the MPC-60 and i recently copped an ASR-X. I like the sound so far a lot but there are a couple of things that irk me and maybe you all could help me find a way around them or point out what I'm doing wrong...

1. I notice that on all of my kits when i use midi it won't play the whole drum sound (I'm basically tapping the pad which plays the whole note if I'm not in midi)....is there a way i can get the whole note played without having to hold down the pad?

Other than that I'm cool with it so far, next week I'm gonna hook it up to my EPS and trigger the sounds from the ASR through the keyboard into the MPC60.

Peace

Yeah man, it's in the edit section, I'm not with it right now but it's something like "Playback - Once Forward." You can set it to play all your kits in this way.

Give me a shout if you're stuck, I hope you have the manual, because it's a really good one, better than the MPC material.

You're gonna be using them all together, the EPS, ASR & MPC? that sounds...I'd love an EPS, still looking for one.

Congrats on your purchase too, welcome to the family.

Yeah man, it's in the edit section, I'm not with it right now but it's something like "Playback - Once Forward." You can set it to play all your kits in this way.

Give me a shout if you're stuck, I hope you have the manual, because it's a really good one, better than the MPC material.

You're gonna be using them all together, the EPS, ASR & MPC? that sounds...I'd love an EPS, still looking for one.

Congrats on your purchase too, welcome to the family.

The EPS16+ is my dogg i love it and then when i added it to the 60 it was heaven, drop the sample rate down to about 22khz and then resample...OOOOHHH-WEEEE!!!

From the looks of it i have to make a RAM Kit and resample every key from my existing kit and edit it from there in order to get everything right, it's tedious as Hell but considering the effects on this thing it'll be worth. I just need to know the purpose of and how to work the resonant filters now.

So far the machine's O.K. if i were able to edit my initial RAM Kits i would have held this machine in higher regard, i wonder why i can't do that? Hell the EPS16+ let's me edit damn near everything that goes in it doesn't matter about any kind of kit, i just hope that its an obvious solution to a newbie question.......other than that the EPS is still king.

man this thread makes me miss my asr x lol.... good times with that thing. sounded so .... I dunno it just had this warm round sound about it. and the drums would crack through on it..... but that ****ing sequencer drove me mad! lol

Back