June 18th: J. Cole and Kanye

D

Dream Gate

Kanye West has already announced that he will be dropping "Yeezus" on June 18th. Now J.cole has just announced on twitter that he has pushed his album, "Born Sinner", release date up to the same as Kanye's saying on Twitter that "Kanye West is one of the greatest artists of our generation, which is exactly why I'm moving my release date up."

Usually, well known artists try to avoid having close release dates to each other, especially in Hip-Hop since its one of the lowest selling genres compared to others to reduce competition. What do you guys think about J. Cole's decision? Do you believe that this is going to effect the success of their albums? This really shows that numbers doesn't matter to Cole at all, even though he probably won't face an issue. But he's got balls for doing this anyway lol

Also when they drop, their going to most likely be compared. So based on preference, which album would you pick to buy over the other, or would you just get both? I'm personally a fan of both, but Kanye hasn't been keeping my interest as of late, so if I had to only pick one I'd pick Cole, but I'll most likely get both.

I think it is clever to an extent.. For people who still buy physical and even maybe for people who buy online... among those peeps, if you would have been to lazy to go check on jcole album... but get up for Kanye... then maybe you will buy both as they are on the same shelve so to speak..

Some type of cross-selling.

Smart move for anybody releasing. We should all release an album on that day. At least we would be in the ring........

miguel-leg-drop-meme-8-600x600.jpg

Kanye has the money to buy his away to be waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of everyone else.

Drake like......"I want my own day....I would move my release date if people choose my day to release..tough luck guys......
15425-miguel-leg-drop-kicks-fan-memes-from-billboard-music-award-2013.jpg

I.....Rice....invented the meme......FP has another thing to be thankful for. People just love biting me. I started it.

Last edited:
Won't effect their sales too much. They don't have the same style.

I agree with The Light, I will buy both, they defiantly have two different styles, I'd say Cole will be focused on proving his rap abilities then kanye, not that he needs to.

I'd say Cole will be focused on proving his rap abilities

J.Cole release next month........fail......even without Kanye release.

See what I'm saying....dudes are weak, got to try free promotion on spotify with bigger artist releases.....to save them money off other people's promotions. So they go from Kanye's hyped up album on some thriller shit.....to what other hip hop album. He will catch 2000 dudes like "wow...after listening to Kanye's album....J.Cole sounds like real hip hop...Imma buy it...'' That type of stuff. Dude's pathetic. And I would beat his ass 12- 0 one on one on the court.....get a real jump shot foo....

Get em......my favorite Canibus song....straight up..no lie.

Last edited:
Back