Jay-Z x Rick Rubin x Timbaland x Pharrell x Swizz Beats Studio Session (Samsung)

40-40-40-40-140 ... lol

edit: oh.. rick rubin is only 50... I thought he was as old as Santa Claus...

Last edited:
It's hilarious how the weakest beat by a mile is, surprise surprise, a Pharrell production. The early 00's called, they want their Korg Triton back.

I didn't hear one wack beat in that video though...

I always enjoyed Pharrell music.

The Timbaland stuff sounded good.

Last edited:
Timbaland staying Timbaland! I've watched this so many times, I wish they would just drop an entire session uncut!

50 doing songs with chief keef, gettin his ass left back in the desert, beefin with people like french montana

T.I. out in clubs arguing with fans

Jay is just kicking back watchin all of this laughing his ass off, he doesn't lower his stock to pop for a minute

The beats in the video are rediculous. So much emotion expressed even without lyrics. I hope this isn't a flop... Like a movie where all the good parts are in the previews.

LOL

Pharell is obviously worthless without Chad Hugo. Same ol' bossanova sample CD groove that sounds like elevator music
for Brazilian tourists in Las Vegas.

Timbaland sending that weak-ass FL Studio beat to Ohmicide to give it that "real shit"-distortion. LOL
(and then he mumbles something about it being "what real hip hop feels like" LMAO + LOLcopter)

Rick Rubin (HIGHLIGHT!) aka M.C. "on the couch", lost some weight, just thinking "I'm so glad I'm high, 'cause I like these guys, but this is so obviously mediocre............this is like ordering McRib after 5 years it's been on the side-menu, thinking you are a revolutionary".#

Oh, btw. Samsung people. No hate, but let me guess. You thought GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE albums count as sales, just like GIVEN AWAY ALBUMS INCLUDED IN FASTFOOD-CHAIN MENUS count as sales? Sorry to break it down to you, but given away without pay doesn't count as sales on SoundScan. So your one million given-away albums are just that: GIVEN AWAY!!! They won't count as sales. lol :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

Pharell is obviously worthless without Chad Hugo. Same ol' bossanova sample CD groove that sounds like elevator music
for Brazilian tourists in Las Vegas.

Timbaland sending that weak-ass FL Studio beat to Ohmicide to give it that "real shit"-distortion. LOL
(and then he mumbles something about it being "what real hip hop feels like" LMAO + LOLcopter)

Rick Rubin (HIGHLIGHT!) aka M.C. "on the couch", lost some weight, just thinking "I'm so glad I'm high, 'cause I like these guys, but this is so obviously mediocre............this is like ordering McRib after 5 years it's been on the side-menu, thinking you are a revolutionary".#

Oh, btw. Samsung people. No hate, but let me guess. You thought GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE albums count as sales, just like GIVEN AWAY ALBUMS INCLUDED IN FASTFOOD-CHAIN MENUS count as sales? Sorry to break it down to you, but given away without pay doesn't count as sales on SoundScan. So your one million given-away albums are just that: GIVEN AWAY!!! They won't count as sales. lol :cry:

So he won't go platinum but gets paid as If he went platinum

So he won't go platinum but gets paid as If he went platinum

.....so the whole promotion department at Samsung will go like, "yo, we paid for the IMPRESSION that Samsung users CREATED a platinum album, but all we paid for is studio session worth MUCH MORE than 1 million 99c iTunes MP3s (!!!)..............so that we can give away 1 million Jay Z MP3s".

Basically, Samsung loses, some lawyers get fired and Jay Z makes a mediocre album with his friends who can't get paid for real work by the industry. LOL

The only person laughing is Rick Rubin. A.) 'cause he's cool & B.) 'cause he has the access to the best weed anyway. LOL

No Samsung and Jay Z wins cause Jay Z is piggy backing of their name and they are piggy backing of his. Jay and everyone in that room cashes out, Samsung will probably move more phones on the backend.

If anything the industry lost, cause from what i am seeing it looks like Jay found a way to cut the middle man.

Last edited:
But those albums were purchased by Samsung, so isn't that suppose to be the consumer... they are just passing it along. Perhaps they are counting that as the distributor.

But those albums were purchased by Samsung, so isn't that suppose to be the consumer... they are just passing it along. Perhaps they are counting that as the distributor.

Nope, SoundScan/Nielsen has strict rules as far as distribution and give-aways goes. No Platinum for Samsung users.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

No Samsung and Jay Z wins cause Jay Z is piggy backing of their name and they are piggy backing of his. Jay and everyone in that room cashes out, Samsung will probably move more phones on the backend.

If anything the industry lost, cause from what i am seeing it looks like Jay found a way to cut the middle man.

You are overestimating the influence of Jay Z on the market "as it is". He would've moved those units anyway.........but wouldn't have a sponsor
to pay for the production. Now Samsung would DEFINITELY move the same amount of phones, because their promotion strategy for new buyers is much, much deeper than associating a new product with an old artist. It's a niche-artist (no matter the strength of his fanbase), but a new Samsung smartphone (look at the market shares) is not a niche product.

So scoring a Platinum plaque off of such a promotion stunt was probably a big incentive for Samsung....but as it turns out, that's not how the system works.

Back