Jay-Z Opening Rocawear Store In Brooklyn Nets Stadium

Why not, you're one of the owners (even if it just a small %). That's what owners do. Think Jerry Jones.

It shows that he doesn't care anything about the team, he just needed a venue to hock his stuff.

Dude is shameless. Tried to sell T-shirts to the occupiers, lol.... wow.

Never been a Jay Z fan.... ever.

Last edited:
So because he's adding venues and stuff to the stadium of a team he owns a minority stake in he doesn't care? lol

It's smart business from both sides. This is an example of a good partnership where both parties benefit tremendously.

That Russian billionaire doesn't have the influence Jay has, and Jay doesn't have the money he has... they both know that.

I would be doing all sorts of shit too if i were to be given such a platform, you'd be stupid not too lol.

So because he's adding venues and stuff to the stadium of a team he owns a minority stake in he doesn't care? lol

It's smart business from both sides. This is an example of a good partnership where both parties benefit tremendously.

That Russian billionaire doesn't have the influence Jay has, and Jay doesn't have the money he has... they both know that.

I would be doing all sorts of shit too if i were to be given such a platform, you'd be stupid not too lol.

Isn't he supposed to sell Nets merchandise in a stadium for the Nets?

Dude is all about Jay Z. Doesn't care anything about the Nets.

It's a Nets stadium not a mall.

They should've neva gave you n!22as munny! - Rick James

Isn't he supposed to sell Nets merchandise in a stadium for the Nets?

Dude is all about Jay Z. Doesn't care anything about the Nets.

It's a Nets stadium not a mall.

They should've neva gave you n!22as munny! - Rick James

Jay-Z designed the uniforms and got on the office with the league to allow the changes. Helped do the logo and also helped them retain their star player in Deron Williams who scored an 100 million dollar contract.

his marketing value and stuff outside of basketball is his value. so its mutual exploitation

Jay-Z designed the uniforms and got on the office with the league to allow the changes. Helped do the logo and also helped them retain their star player in Deron Williams who scored an 100 million dollar contract.

his marketing value and stuff outside of basketball is his value. so its mutual exploitation

and with helped to do the logo you mean he employed a graphic designer and told him ''put something fresh on it pal'' ?

The inside of some stadiums are like small malls (atleast the newer ones) specially if they are in a well know city (this one happens to be one them).

That thing is not a stadium, that's a full blown cash cow lol. Front end and back end sales.

People are not just going to watch the Nets, they are now going for a full experience. That's what people pay for.

Concerts, 40/40 Lounge, Rocawear store. New York City loves Jay-Z, specially Brooklyn and he has become the face of that team, literally.

They are going to eat all that up.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
and with helped to do the logo you mean he employed a graphic designer and told him ''put something fresh on it pal'' ?

naw like helped come up with the whole marketing and scheme for the brooklyn nets as it is. from colors, to concept to the style of the clothing and merch for the Nets. He's had a big part in really making the Brooklyn Nets moving from Jersey bigger than just basketball

he's attached entertainment value to the Nets, he helped get Deron Williams a spot in New York. Considering hes only a minority owner, he's very well respected amongst the president and team, the way they write it in the papers and stuff, i follow the NBA kinda tight so i read a lot of articles about what exactly Jay does

that show that he's doing at the Barclays center is gonna be epic, its gonna be bigger than basketball

this move and stuff like it will revitalize Hip Hop in New York. Its gonna make New York a spot to be again.. i predict in 3-4 years everybody is gonna be moving to New York once they figure out how to afford it

He's just being smart. If you had the same opportunities as Jay-Z youd tak them with bells on. Did he leave people behind, or did those people refuse to progress at his pace? People are determined to bring him down for being a smart rapper. Its called strategy. Back in the 90s, people would be proud to have black-owned companies in stadiums.

Back