Jay-Z ft. Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail (MP3)

All just my opinion....

Not bad. Already heard the beat on the samsung commercial. Love what JT did with the intro, adlibs, chorus, but Jay didn't add anything to the song IMO. I would've liked this just as much if it was Tinie Templah or Wale ft. JT. I expect Jay to make more of an impact on a song when he jumps on it. Sounds like a song that was well produced with a well structure chorus and lead ups so a mediocre rapper could still make a hit record. Jay's top tier and I can name like 20 rappers off his radar that woulda killed this. He barely showed up.

Again, not a bad song, actually like this, just sounds like Jay brought none of what makes the song hot to the table. He could be replaced with any rapper on this one and I'd like it just as much. I could just be expecting too much from Jay, i'm a big fan and always expect him to go above and beyond. I did like "open letter".

Last edited:
All just my opinion....

Not bad. Already heard the beat on the samsung commercial. Love what JT did with the intro, adlibs, chorus, but Jay didn't add anything to the song IMO. I would've liked this just as much if it was Tinie Templah or Wale ft. JT. I expect Jay to make more of an impact on a song when he jumps on it. Sounds like a song that was well produced with a well structure chorus and lead ups so a mediocre rapper could still make a hit record. Jay's top tier and I can name like 20 rappers off his radar that woulda killed this. He barely showed up.

Again, not a bad song, actually like this, just sounds like Jay brought none of what makes the song hot to the table. He could be replaced with any rapper on this one and I'd like it just as much. I could just be expecting too much from Jay, i'm a big fan and always expect him to go above and beyond. I did like "open letter".

I agree.

JT murdered that intro/chorus. For some reason the drums on this beat knocked better in the commercial...
There was a buildup sound right before the beat drops in the commercial they took that off here, why? lol

I think we expect too much from Jay cause it's Jay, even though i like the song the last time we REALLY heard
Jay Z was on the Black Album after that nothing has ever been the same.

I see JT was inspired by someone who REALLY killed an intro. ;)
Hmmm, if you pitch the track and speed it up.............ahhhhhh. ;)

Yeah, I just heard it on mains and somehow the bass(drum) is a bit late and the drums don't sit in "the pocket".
Strange. And it isn't Jay Z rapping behind the beat, instead of on the beat either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can dig it. JT that dude....but I've never been a fan of long ass intros like that in hip hop..unless it's the actual intro to the album or something. I don't expect much from this album except stuff like this, though.

Cheif Keef changed the game. lol!

Woooooooooooooo! My type of shit right here. :bigeyes: Punch a hole in the wall gangsta fonk! Woooooo!

Last edited:
The pianos seem to have disappeared... the distortion from the samsung commercial sounded cooler... When you overthink the mixing.. sometimes the record falls apart a little.

edit: well it's still a very good record... especially in higher quality. waiting for the ignorant beat record ha! I think it's that Tom Ford.. I wish there was not those synth though.

Last edited:
On the third track of the album (first listen) and it just sounds so generic. It doesn't feel like Jay AT ALL.

Its like some dude stole Jay's voice and wrote some really weak verses over it. Particularly on Tom Ford.

Starting to feel like its a more trapped up/EDM version of NiP.

...**** this shit..

FUTW is the only pure joint I've heard so far..

Last edited:
On the third track of the album (first listen) and it just sounds so generic. It doesn't feel like Jay AT ALL.

Its like some dude stole Jay's voice and wrote some really weak verses over it. Particularly on Tom Ford.

Starting to feel like its a more trapped up/EDM version of NiP.

...**** this shit..

FUTW is the only pure joint I've heard so far..

I agree i think the production is good - but i think it may be time for jay to hang up the mic.

Hes soundin like every 90% of other rappers out right now. switched the flow and lost his wordplay

Sick of hearing these fashion references too - tom ford foh

I want to see a rapper like Jay-Z make a whole album full of collaborations from totally unknown rappers. That would be sweet to me.

Just get assistants to seek out young cats on YouTube. Fly them out to write a hot 16 and perform.
He wouldn't even worry about paying them royalties. He could just pay them a $20,000 flat fee.

A project like this would blow up. Nobody with influence is brave enough to do this.

On a second listen it does have it's songs. I like the Nas feature on the Pharrell production, Blue is a pretty pure spit. The beginning half of the album is very disappointing, though.

I like the album, it has a lot of Timbaland on it... seems to me as if he oversaw the project.

only heard like 5 or 6 songs, shit sounded like trash. should've let rick ross pick beats for him.

prodigy's album sounds way fresher than this

I listened again, damn...this is an anthem.

A statement. JT absolutely killed this and Jay is different, I thought I didn't like it at first but If you pay attention Jay advanced.

Can't wait for this Album man. Jay-Z came back hard and killed every other album this year. Now I'm curious for em, I hope he switches his flow up, the screaming ain't too great.

The Mike Will joint on this.. I think it's the one that goes the hardest so far... That's exactly the kind of thing I wanted to hear besides the cool joints.

I think this album was stupid sick.... Heaven is probably one of my favorite tracks on the whole record.

"Conspiracy theorists screamin illuminati... they can't believe this much skill is in the human body" .. that's a stupid sick line.

Checkin it out now. No need for a Rice Review......shits bumpin, SON!!!! Nuff said. Fuuck the lyrics.

O.K. Ran throw it.......half and half. I lean towards the tracks that are bumpin....them the only ones I want to listen to. Album got me hoping for that Rick Ross new album to release soon. He need to release that joint within the next two week.

Last edited:
Back