It felt like heaven playing the new jupiter 80

StarKing

I was at guitar center testing out the kronos and motif xf but then i decided to look at the jupiter 80 because there's been so much criticism toward it on the forums. I was amazed at how authentic some of the sounds were. this thing makes you feel like you're playing the real instrument. The youtube videos and demos do not do it justice. You have to experience this beast in person. I guess rolands new supernatural sound technology makes it sound so realistic. I'm a go down there again today to play around with it. I'll visualize having it until it manifests in my room somehow. I just wonder how well does this thing integrate with a daw. Anyone else has experience with this beast?

Jp 80

I thought I was over gear lust and then this thing came out! I haven't had a chance to test it yet but it looks pretty nice.

What did you expect? It comes from the Roland Jupiter 8. :)

Not that it shares much of its legacy other than the name and the color scheme. Not too much similarities concerning the actual synthesizer topology, other than both being the flagship performance instruments of their time. This is not to say anything about its quality, but you don't get a JP-80 if you want a Jupiter 8.

i am of the opposite opinion regarding this instrument, i found it uninteresting and endowed with a confusing feature set

i am of the opposite opinion regarding this instrument, i found it uninteresting and endowed with a confusing feature set

From what I've read it's indeed a pretty confusing (and deep) system. Not that that'd make it an incapable instrument, just not in the traditional twist-knobs-make-sounds kind of way.

Back