Isn't This Beat Really ****ing Annoying?

That beat is dope.... and you can hate on missy if you want, but none of you can spit like her... and none of you can make beats like that... she's one of the hip hop artists that will be remembered years from now. She add's her flavor and completes that track. Dope style. I hope the songs a single just the FP's kick the hatin up a notch!

this is probably one of the better beats that the neptunes have done in the last few years...

Missy is a bltch. she cancelled the show with Kweli cos she didn't have a tour bus big enough for her entourage. Fuk her and her good for nothin rhyme style.

Actually, this one aint that bad. The joint wit Fatman Scoop and Ciara.... now THAT beat made me wanna take a bat and beat the shyt out of my TV. Whoever made that garbage should get checked for brain tumors. That beat's just painful. I only kept watching the video cuz of Ciara. Someone really "Lost Control" when they made that beat. They should get arrested for PWI - Producing While Intoxicated

j-traxx said:
hiphop, the easiest production check you can ever get.

no easier than any other form of music. The better you are the bigger the check, applies to both. And how many are really getting a living from it? and if it's so easy, I guess you make a living from it?

didn't think so.

MadScience said:

no easier than any other form of music. The better you are the bigger the check, applies to both. And how many are really getting a living from it? and if it's so easy, I guess you make a living from it?

didn't think so.

ahh yes. listen ...guy. it IS easier than ANYOTHER FORM OF MUSIC. there is more artistic display in prehistoric chest pounding by neanderthols than what is MAKING it on the radio in hip hop. it's NOT MUSIC. it's a big comercial with random sounds tossed out. the number of hiphop producers that can cross over to other genre's is VERY VERY SLIM cause they suck at music. other genre's need music to survive even if the singing talent is nill. not hiphop. this crap we heard would be considered a hit. milkshake is a hit, hollaback gurl is a hit, WAIT is a hit. lemme see gwen pull that BULLCRAP on the rock audience. they wont take that crap. hiphop music is becoming an oxymoron more and more and it's the easiest check a producer can ever bank. 5 minutes worth of drum programming and some random bs and it's a wrap. sold! if i hurt anyone's feelings i dont care. this is my opinion... it's also the truth tho. the audience is degenerate and sad. the music caters JUST fine. strippers, drunks, weed heads, extacy heads fit hand in hand. hiphop is becoming the 7 up of genres. it's the UN-music. you can have it and hold it. i got higher standards for my hiphop production than this and i earn my money because i care about the audience.

kingartha said:
Why does J Traxx hate so much on hip hop? Mann! I thought he was a hip-hop producer to begin with? Did I miss something? Thats right, I'm rarely on here...

If you don't have something nice to say, bi-t-ch about it.
(the philosophy of a lot of cats of FP, no one in peticular)

Ohh, and the track the neptunes made...strait monkey sh*it. Makes me want to watch star wars over STAR-TRACK...

And Missy lost the ability to make any coherant lyrics along with the wieght she losts....

I think I'm done now.

LOL! you just OWNED yourself.

i beg the differ traxx

dance music is **** easy to make, easier than hip hop anyways.

true music is classical music since it is the first source of the shyt, stuff like pachabel's canon is the real music or bethovens 5th symphany.

j-traxx said:

ahh yes. listen ...guy. it IS easier than ANYOTHER FORM OF MUSIC. there is more artistic display in prehistoric chest pounding by neanderthols than what is MAKING it on the radio in hip hop. it's NOT MUSIC. it's a big comercial with random sounds tossed out. the number of hiphop producers that can cross over to other genre's is VERY VERY SLIM cause they suck at music. other genre's need music to survive even if the singing talent is nill. not hiphop. this crap we heard would be considered a hit. milkshake is a hit, hollaback gurl is a hit, WAIT is a hit. lemme see gwen pull that BULLCRAP on the rock audience. they wont take that crap. hiphop music is becoming an oxymoron more and more and it's the easiest check a producer can ever bank. 5 minutes worth of drum programming and some random bs and it's a wrap. sold! if i hurt anyone's feelings i dont care. this is my opinion... it's also the truth tho. the audience is degenerate and sad. the music caters JUST fine. strippers, drunks, weed heads, extacy heads fit hand in hand. hiphop is becoming the 7 up of genres. it's the UN-music. you can have it and hold it. i got higher standards for my hiphop production than this and i earn my money because i care about the audience.

Dude what are you talking bout ?? You are one contradicter.. Your post doesnt even make sense? I dont if I read your post right but you dissed hiphop production? Then yet you make it? Are you hating on hollaback girl , milkshake, and wait production? Just because its simple? If you are then buddy let me tell you , you know nothing about music then... Reading above you said " 5 minutes worth of drum programming and some random bs and it's a wrap. sold! " .. Doesnt matter how long it takes, if it sounds good it sounds good. Time doesnt matter hell 2pac wrote raps in 5 minutes and it came out nice. Maybe I read your post wrong or something cause you dont seem to wise to me man. You need a BIG REALITY CHECK

Last edited by a moderator:
He said it's easy to get paid. You just agreed with him when you said they are simple to make. You said "doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as it sounds good." So if a beat is, as jtraxx says, a loop with 5 minute of drum programming and some random bs, then it was EASY. The main reason those beats sell is cause they have a name or a look to sell. Neptunes produced it? Sh1t, it MUST be hot. Missy rapped on it? Shlt, it MUST be dope.

And the argument about Pac...please. That has nothing to do with it. Pac was talented, that's why he could write so quickly. Neptunes can make a more complex beat that may not get as much criticism, but it would probably take them longer. In beats, time usually is proportional to complexity (and I am not saying a beat has to be complex for it to be good). I'll give you 5 mins and I'm sure you can't recreate Human Nature, but you could recreate Grindin in that time.

And he dissed some beats. Making beats isn't just cause you want to fit in with everyone else... maybe there's something about hip hop they don't like, or feel they can improve and that's why they are making their own stuff. So as long as you are trying to do your own thing, you can say what you want about hip hop. Mos Def said we are hip hop. So if we are hip hop, then surely we can try and make ourselves better.

Last edited by a moderator:
mazammit said:
He said it's easy to get paid. You just agreed with him when you said they are simple to make. You said "doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as it sounds good." So if a beat is, as jtraxx says, a loop with 5 minute of drum programming and some random bs, then it was EASY. The main reason those beats sell is cause they have a name or a look to sell. Neptunes produced it? Sh1t, it MUST be hot. Missy rapped on it? Shlt, it MUST be dope.

And the argument about Pac...please. That has nothing to do with it. Pac was talented, that's why he could write so quickly. Neptunes can make a more complex beat that may not get as much criticism, but it would probably take them longer. In beats, time usually is proportional to complexity (and I am not saying a beat has to be complex for it to be good). I'll give you 5 mins and I'm sure you can't recreate Human Nature, but you could recreate Grindin in that time.

And he dissed some beats. Making beats isn't just cause you want to fit in with everyone else... maybe there's something about hip hop they don't like, or feel they can improve and that's why they are making their own stuff. So as long as you are trying to do your own thing, you can say what you want about hip hop. Mos Def said we are hip hop. So if we are hip hop, then surely we can try and make ourselves better.

Excelent Post

Iproduce said:

Dude what are you talking bout ?? You are one contradicter.. Your post doesnt even make sense? I dont if I read your post right but you dissed hiphop production? Then yet you make it? Are you hating on hollaback girl , milkshake, and wait production? Just because its simple? If you are then buddy let me tell you , you know nothing about music then... Reading above you said " 5 minutes worth of drum programming and some random bs and it's a wrap. sold! " .. Doesnt matter how long it takes, if it sounds good it sounds good. Time doesnt matter hell 2pac wrote raps in 5 minutes and it came out nice. Maybe I read your post wrong or something cause you dont seem to wise to me man. You need a BIG REALITY CHECK

what? i'm dissing hiphop as a whole. because it is null as void of musical standards. there is no benchmark. any crap can make the radio. i make music that someone can rap on and i do it with great care because of my background in other genres of music. i am not forged in the fires of hiphop buddy. i'm from way left feild. where music lives is where i'm from. jazz, classical, rock, whatever genre it is that needs music to survive is where j-traxx is from. that is DEFINATELY NOT hiphop. hip hop is slowly but surely estranging itself from music. the only thing holding music to hiphop is sampling and the few keyboard producers that have an inkling of pride in their work. i am not addressing genius in my derogatory statements on hiphop. you bringing in tupac is foolish because he's a genius. go that route and look like a fool and measure tupac's genius as an artist able to write a masterpiece quickly to a song that took little time like WAIT. is it genius? is it to production what a song by pac is to rap? no. so bringing him up was not relevant at all. i know that i'd kinda get a couple cats angry because they'd see the weakness in themselves as they are trapped in the hiphop fishbowl and cant live in any genre outside of it for the inadequacy of theyre skill to think musically. the cats that fit that category are MANY. there are cats that also take pride in the way they create on the hiphop canvas and they make beautiful music that would have a home no where else and i respect those cats. they are very few tho and they arent getting an incentive to work hard on making their contribution to hiphop a good musical one because so many drunk, high, and whoring fools drink up the bullcrap that's being slathered all over the radios and the clubs. my windsheild wipers got more music in them. innovation is supposed to take an artform higher. innovation is doing the exact opposite to hiphop. this beat is proof of it. so is ciara.

I think the beat is Hot... Trax, I have to disagree with you here.. The thing is, hiphop, and dance music isnt made strictly for "musical" purposes, such as instrumentation, and orchestration. It is made for the "feel of rhythm." The feel for people on the dance floor, in their cars, rapping along, at the gym working out... thats who it caters to. You cant compare this to classical, or jazz, because it is not attempting to recreate those genres in any sense.

Its primary focus is rythm, and I think you are dissing it, because its not bringing in the elements of music you desire, and are trained with. Im not trying to get in a shouting match with u, because I understand your point...Im also well versed in Classical music, but this track is hot to me. All those bleep, and woop sounds, will catch a listeners ear...and Missy on top, will make this thing seem like its ahead of its time, rather than "crap," musically.

I look at it like this. My little nephew practices Tae Kwon Do...he does his tournaments. I train in Mixed Martial Arts. When I go watch his tournaments, I dont get upset over the fact that they would get their ass kicked in an MMA fight. I take it as what it is...a TKD competition.

it's not all about that with me to be honest. it just is that i've heard hot simple songs. pass that dutch, superthug, grinding, champ is here. FIRE. the songs sounded like they cared to make you dance. a song like this is like "well hell them drunk niggas gon dance to something so whatever". i could give a crap about classical. i cant dance to it. it's about making a track that will MAKE me move. not cause i'm drunk and aint nothing else imma do gon get me behind the booty of that chick on the dancefloor but the 808 they gave me. it's like every month a new level of falling off and a new excuse for why it's acceptable. that's sad.

j-traxx said:
what? i'm dissing hiphop as a whole. because it is null as void of musical standards. there is no benchmark. any crap can make the radio.
I'm glad someone has still been holdin it down in my short absence. I'm back beetches, but after all that TRUTH... I ain't got nuthin else to say. Damn.

j-traxx said:

You're wrong. It's as easy as you want to make it, like any other genre. Like classical or Jazz or Romanticism or Pop or Rock... You can get away with the same two bar loops you see in hip-hop during a rock concert. Tracks like this aren't terribly uncommon in house and dance music. Hip-Hop isn't going down the drain. MORE people are making quality hip-hop, really, you're just not getting to hear it. Obviously, as hip-hop becomes more commercial, it's going to cater to the new, bigger audience, and not us. Does that mean less musical complexity? Sometimes. Does that make it less musical? No. There are entire genres based around minimalism and that doesn't mean that the artists that specialize in those genres are somehow less talented, or less artistic.

Hip-hop production involves much of the same skills that production in any genre tests... kowing your keys, knowing your time signatures, and having a good ear.

you know the most prevalent trait i'm seeing amongst the "settlers"? y'all are TOO AFRAID TO MAKE JUDGEMENT. it's like having to eat mud and being scared to say you dont like the taste. you can water it down with the excuse that it's a delicacy in uranus. how can you be scared to WANT SOMETHING BETTER? this is making absolutely NO SENSE. everyone's all oh well who are we to judge? if you dont judge then who will. this is worse than a group of republicans in a political argument about why and how the president screwed up..... hell and I VOTED FOR BUSH!!!

niggas is lost.

footnotes....

"niggas is lost" ©2005 icesolated.com

Saint Mike said:

You're wrong. It's as easy as you want to make it, like any other genre. Like classical or Jazz or Romanticism or Pop or Rock... You can get away with the same two bar loops you see in hip-hop during a rock concert.

wrong. you cant bull a "wait" in jazz, or classical, and especially not rock. the closest you could ever get to that would be queen's "We will rock you" and the got pretty randy with the guitar.

Saint Mike said:

Tracks like this aren't terribly uncommon in house and dance music. Hip-Hop isn't going down the drain. MORE people are making quality hip-hop, really, you're just not getting to hear it. Obviously, as hip-hop becomes more commercial, it's going to cater to the new, bigger audience, and not us. Does that mean less musical complexity? Sometimes. Does that make it less musical? No. There are entire genres based around minimalism and that doesn't mean that the artists that specialize in those genres are somehow less talented, or less artistic.

as far as more and more people are creating guality hiphop music... I KNOW!!! they're all HERE!!!!
who are "us"?? we are the audience of the radio like errbody else. and about minimalism?!?!?! HOW MINIMAL ARE YOU GONNA ALLOW THEM TO GET? they'll pull a pootie tang on you before you know it. that section of the pootie tang movie is the most accurate carricature of the hiphop "music" industry ever made.

Saint Mike said:

Hip-hop production involves much of the same skills that production in any genre tests... kowing your keys, knowing your time signatures, and having a good ear.

you dont need to know no KEYS!!!

wow!! time signatures!!?!?

man if you can clap your hands you can make a hiphop hit. if "anyone" can do it.. it's not special. when it's special it's worth something. hiphop is like bentley and rolls royce made by daewoo.

Back