is this cable shielded?

bussy233

here's a picture of what is described as being

"...100% Aluminum foil shield for maximum reduction of interference..."

I google image shielded cables and they have, well, a foil shielding, but this is just rubber and then the copper cores. I spliced it to use as a headphone extension and noticed no foil.

I emailed the manufacturer Atlona and they never replied. I'm going to email them again and mention to please reply because I might try and get the seller in trouble on ebay for counterfeit goods.

I don't care so much if it's shielded or not but I'm just asking.

Atlona ats21051-3
I got this on ebay and not direct from atlona but it was in an Atlona stapled package/bag with the Atlona label and everything showing the model #. I got it I think for $4 shipped on ebay but I doubt the seller like switched the real cable with a cheaper unshielded one because the prices for this cable elsewhere are only like a couple dollars more, so it would make little to no sense for the seller to go through all that trouble as if to trick people and then sell the better quality cable at a higher price. But maybe they did?

I can say at least the connectors look like gold.

CL2 Certified for In-wall installations
• 24k Gold plated connectors, to provide static free signal transfer
• High-Density Copper Braid along with 100% Aluminum foil shield for maximum reduction of interference
• High-Flex Technology, to provide great audio performance in any cable shape
• High-Purity Oxygen-Free Copper conductor to eliminate signal degradation

Attachments

• shileded or unshielded headphone audio cable.JPG
    shileded or unshielded headphone audio cable.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Looks like unshielded to me.

Gold-plated connectors are basically audio snake oil. Or well, they don't hurt, but apart from looking fancy they don't do much.

Back