Is the Numark NS7 good for a mobile DJ?

DJ Axel Lennox

Got some gigs coming up and I am thinking about buying The Numark NS7 turntables and mixer. I have heard it is quite heavy and I don't know if the NS7 is the best bet to have to lug to a club or a graduation party. Should i go for the NS7 or consider a lighter option?

Thanks in advance guys!

is the vestax ns6 and Traktor more suitable for low key gigs like graduation parties? Would you know of good speakers to purchase along with the Traktor S4? cuz i still gotta buy speakers to go along with my equipment...

Would you know of good speakers to purchase along with the Traktor S4? cuz i still gotta buy speakers to go along with my equipment...

RCF "ART-715a"

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

I have heard it is quite heavy and I don't know if the NS7 is the best bet to have to lug to a club or a graduation party.

Compared to two turntables and mixer it doesn't weigh anything. A create of records probably weighs 10 times as much.

I would personally spend a bit less on the controller and more on the speakers then.

But if you need to stay under $500, you might have to go with behringer

The thing is Traktor S4 is pretty practical in terms of pricing like im afraid to spend less on a controller and not have everything that Traktor S4 has to offer...Unless there is an equivalent to the S4 that is cheaper i want an All-in-one set that is legit for gigs and legit for my budget. Are the behringer speakers good for gigs? are they worth the money?

---------- Post added 06-22-2011 at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-21-2011 at 08:18 PM ----------

i was also looking into getting Denon DN-MC6000 instead of Traktos S4....good move? or should i still go for the S4?

Are the behringer speakers good for gigs? are they worth the money??

Not at all. Don't waste your money. The JBL "EON515XT" is a decent speaker, as long as it isn't over pushed.

i am not looking to spend much i'm on a tight budget maybe $500 maximum on Speakers...

Then don't waste your money. Any semi decent speaker with a built in amp is gonna cost at least $700 each. Be patient and save or end up spending money on something you hate and is a piece of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man i appreciate the help...I have my eye on these JBL's "2 JBL EON305 with stands" for 900.00. Good buy?

They're not bad, it just depends on what you want to do with them. They can only be pushed so far. They'll work well as personal monitors, not so much as a full sound system. If later on you get bigger, more powerful speakers you can use those as sound reinforcement.

Why not go for 2 of Pionner CDJ 200/ or 400 (200 dollar each)
Pionner DJMixer 300 (around 100 dollar)
for Long mixing,If you play electronic staff.
---------------------------------------------

I wudda went that direction but i feel like being a PCDJ gives u the opportunity to take ppls requests when CD's are so strict in terms of song selection. But i see what your saying cuz if i go for the cdjs it does save me the hassle of lugging computers around and dealing with crashes n shit...

Back