Is Soundclick still a good site to sell beats?

i'm one of those people leasing on a regular basis and i would assume that many of the people on the charts are also doing quite well.

On a side note, I don't want to make it seem like it's all about soundclick. Soundclick is simply just a hosting site that happens to have many artist looking beats, but you can't fully depend on just that. You have to go out of your way and promote all over the net to find artist and really make some decent money. It's really a lot of work.

There's a lot of producers on soundclick that have gotten major placements of that site, like johny and vybes. i know wacka flocka has gotten beats from soundclick and other artist like soulja boy, lupe fiasco ext... i've personally have been contacted by major labels through that site also.

Ok but what about this.....my friend just sold a beat to a local artist who is kinda buzzing for $1200....had he been a "soundclick producer" im pretty sure the rapper would have gone crazy if he found out that the same beat he paid $1200 for 9 other people bought for $15 each.

Ok but what about this.....my friend just sold a beat to a local artist who is kinda buzzing for $1200....had he been a "soundclick producer" im pretty sure the rapper would have gone crazy if he found out that the same beat he paid $1200 for 9 other people bought for $15 each.

is that not the same as usher dropping a track then the next day someone has his instrumental on youtube with a download link?

There are a lot of NO BRAINER DEALS going around...

there's no one selling exclusive beats for 15 dollars on soundclick. (and if they are there's no way to keep up with specially if you are making pure fire), when you hear about producers selling beats for pennies ext... that's whats referred to as a "lease" (a apparently controversial subject in FP)...

but like I said, cheap, affordable, and free downloads on tracks is what attracts so many artist to soundclick. I also want to emphasize that people that do sell well on soundcick mostly simply use soundclick as a hosting site. It's not like they exclusively depend on soundclick's web traffic for business.

People like Vybes, Johnny, Superstar ext... generate their own traffic from other websites such as twitter, facebook, myspace, forums, real life networking ext. So it's not like all of our customers are coming in with a mind of "i'm looking for cheap production"... some of them don't even know what soundclick is and are willing to pay very good money.

but even seasoned artist that make purchases on soundclick on the regular for the most part understand the difference between leases and exclusive tracks... and understand that exclusive tracks don't come cheap.

Last edited:
yea im moving to soundclick. theres mad artists looking for beats there. Its so easy for them. a dude i was working with was saying its because its so easy to find want you want and the hottest beats on the net are usually on there somewhere.

i would prob not grind marketing untill you got some real fire tho cuz the ppl who run the site (u know who i mean) got there shit on lock and they letting it go for free so you gotta have beats on there level or better or ridiculous marketing game

Yeah man! You can make some good money on there! I also heard that Major A and R's / Major rappers look on there for beats as well! Keep your marketing game straight and never stop!!

Back