Is Nicki Minaj the female Jay-z?

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not but her flow on this song is terrible IMO. As far as female rappers goes, in this day and age, she is the best. If Iggy Azalea continues to grow and improve she could have some competition though.
Comparing her to Jay Z, I don't think she comes close, their voices are different, their flows are different, what they rap about is different. But in the sense that Jay Z is arguably the best male rapper of this time period and she is the best female rapper of this time period, then yes she is the female Jay Z.

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not but her flow on this song is terrible IMO. As far as female rappers goes, in this day and age, she is the best. If Iggy Azalea continues to grow and improve she could have some competition though.
Comparing her to Jay Z, I don't think she comes close, their voices are different, their flows are different, what they rap about is different. But in the sense that Jay Z is arguably the best male rapper of this time period and she is the best female rapper of this time period, then yes she is the female Jay Z.

Jay Z is not the best rapper, he is the most commercially successful currently.

Nicki is no more than Lil Wayne's discovery and if you know the history of female MCs in male centric rap crews, when the entire crew is successful the lone female in the crew sees a bit of it for as long as the crew is dominant, when the crew falls off so does the female which is why the best MCs who are female should focus on potentially aligning with other females but we all know male egos in the forefront don't allow for that. Nicki is a cartoon character in my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Jay Z is not the best rapper, he is the most commercially successful currently.
That's why I carefully chose to say 'arguably' and 'of this time period' haha. They are both, arguably, the most successful rappers for each of their genders, at this current time. I will leave it at that ha.

Nicki is no more than Lil Wayne's discovery and if you know the history of female MCs in male centric rap crews, when the entire crew is successful the lone female in the crew sees a bit of it for as long as the crew is dominant, when the crew falls off so does the female which is why the best MCs who are female should focus on potentially aligning with other females but we all know male egos in the forefront don't allow for that. Nicki is a cartoon character in my honest opinion.
I have no idea what you mean by "when the crew falls off so does the female", if the crew falls off then that means they ALL fall off, it shouldnt be expected for the female to survive in the industry. Unless you are talking about a scenario where the crew splits and all the artists have succesful solo careers bar the female. What crews are you talking about specifically anyway? I'm just interested.
I do understand what you are coming from with the "cartoon character" remark though, she is a little bit of a gimick IMO and in a general sense she seems to attract a lot more attention from outside the rap world. I consider her a pop artist rather than a rapper.

Back