Is making beats in dual mono a bad thing?

KonKossKang

Ozagas
I know there is 5.1, 2.1 and all of that but why should I consider those to begin with?If I make a beat with dual mono speakers would that make the stereo/surround sound versions worse?

what is this dual mono you speak of? where did you read about it and why do you think that it is different to stereo?

One speaker outputting the left signal, the other outputting the right signal, together that's stereo. Two speakers outputting a mono signal with no stereo separation, that's mono. Unless you're intentionally turning off the stereo separation in your DAW you'll be working in the stereo.

what is this dual mono you speak of? where did you read about it and why do you think that it is different to stereo?
Dual mono for the presonus eris e5 i gots, 3 pins is mono 5 pins seem to be real stereo.I've found out about dual mono from google and alot of websites showed up, confusing.
Messed with the panning and it worked like normal stereo would.I also read somewhere that headphones werent real stereo either just dual mono.

And fidelity i never touch that stereo seperate thing i just leave that as it is 24/7.This is something i didnt even know existed till yesterday,might have to look into what it actually is

Last edited:
Back